Mystery Man joins Dean Guitars (Kerry King)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Huh... An unattractive price for an unattractive guitar. Not that I was in danger of buying one for ~$1000-$2000, but there are a lot of top tier guitars you can get for below that price. (Admittedly, he is a big name and it's a collector's piece so who really knows?)

spudmunkey

Reaction score
75462275_2476941255917883_2280301659043135488_n.jpg

Bdtunn

Reaction score
I did a bad thing again and read the comments under deans post introducing this, seems like they have a TON of support for it. It won’t sell in a forum like this but slayer fans will I imagine flock to it.

mpexus

Reaction score
Could it be that is new KK Project Logo.

Anyway the guitar shape is Hideous.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Finally a decent image of the inlay. I was wondering wtf it was supposed to be.

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score

The video is from 2012, so anyone thinking that tribal Vs for Kerry King by Dean may never happen, think again. They already did it and mixed a razorback for good measure! Anyways, good for Kerry King for finding a new money maker and showing his aboriginal heritage through his tribal schemes, do not hate the native culture. After they are done with the Nails/inverted cross graphic models the tribal is incoming for sure.

Still searching for a KKW 7 with a Kahler, that is not ridiculously priced though.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I'm sure they'll sell at least a good chunk of them. I'm sure that they'll make a pretty massive profit too. Probably only need to sell a few to start turning a profit.

KK is such a big name whose most diehard fans are at a point in life where they can kind of justify the cost. I'd never buy one, but I don't really like his music and hold no nostalgia for slayer/kk so I'm not the target anyway.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I mean if they made a crackle V...... they’d still have to use one of their less popular headstocks to entice me. Slayer fans seem in for a treat though.

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
It's not a KKW7 import and it doesn't have a Kahler but did you ever see that U.S. custom shop, 7 string Wartribe B.C. Rich made? That thing is crazy.

Yeah , I saw it, it is on Reverb for some time now. I do not remember seeing a custom made KKW with a Kahler. He also had a flame graphic one with a 7 string Floyd too in the catalogue of 2004. Unlikely that we will see a KKV 7 string from Dean, I am curious to see what they would produce though.

RockMixer

I mix Rock Music
Reaction score
32j3YpxJXzgTtRSS7TZCA3-650-80.jpg

Things I like:
Inlays
Ebony Board
Headstock
LED Side Dots
Trem is ok
Over all pretty cool

Things I dont like:
Price $8,866.00 (Yep, you read that correct!)
Why? Greed comes to mind.