N.G.D : ESP LTD EC 1000 Deluxe

• Thread starter rahul_mukerji
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
I've been interested in these ESP models for sometime now. I hated the Les Paul guitars because the necks were way too thick for me. I could never play chords and leads on them. And I've tried almost all models of Les Pauls: Epiphones and Gibsons from Guitar Centers to local axe shops.

Saw this off CL and was skeptical, but it spoke to me. And only guitarists know what that means. When a beauty speaks to you, she MUST be yours. I was amazed at its neck and playability. Its really unlike any Gibson.

I went over and played it and OMG :scream:, it had the sweetest crunch and cleans I've heard. Kinda put to shame my banter of Active Pickups. I love its neck and love its setup. With a gauge 11 it was literally singing and crunching. Very very clear output even with gain. Wow .... :hbang:

I absolutely adore its quilt as well. Black Cherry :: Fark Yeah ! :agreed:

I'm not doing a pic story with blades and coffee and red bull and things. Straight to the point. Here she is : (my pics really do very little justice)

ec-1000_STBC.jpg

ec_001.jpg
ec_002.jpg
ec_003.jpg
ec_004.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

COBHC

Belongs On 1 String
Reaction score
im so jealous

i just barely missed out cl on the exact same guitar but in blue for $400

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
used to own this model a few years ago...amazing guitars....

I want the blue one!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
nice!

i played one of those in store, and actually found it to be kinda similar to my LP in terms of feel and playability. maybe you havent played the right gibson? ;)

they're a bit gaudy, but im pretty sure a blue EC-1000 will be my backup to my LP.

winterlover

Banned
Reaction score
NICE! i like the custom version better cause it's a neck through but that finish is awesome!!!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
set necks are fun too! haha

that and my neckthrough 7 doesnt like temperature changes much compared to the LP

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
Congrats!! I had the privelage of jamming on one of these when my buddy had one, it's an awesome axe! The only guitar that resembles a Les Paul that I actually dig!! :yesway:

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
I got to play it at our practice today and it really plays out well. No hand cramps from playing weird chords (we are a fusion band ... lots of jazz chords) for hours.

Budda:Yeah, you may be right, I haven't played the right LP. I've played a couple here in the stores (custom, standard, studio). All of them felt awkward. The ESP definitely has a much thinner neck. My old band mate had a LP too and I played his once and it was like hauling logs !! Huge neck. The ESP is not quite Ibanez necks, but it fits really well in my palm.

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
Those are sweet. My gf got one for x-mas the last year and it screams when she plays it, she never lets me play it:squint::noway::fawk:

but i think it would sound great if you swap the pickups around. I've always fancied a 60 in the bridge
Nice score:yesway:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I like everything about those with the exception of the purfing, I hate purfing with a fiery passion that burns deep within my soul.

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
My buddy has one of those. In that same color too. It's actually a pretty nice guitar.
:yesway: