N(home build)GD! Ergonomic Multiscale Sevenstring

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Man, you need to try making a headless guitar. Your build so far have been amazing. the work is just incredibly clean.

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar dude! awesome awesome work.

As for the spacer between the body and neck, looks to me like a few thin pieces of wood glued between neck and body as an accent.

Walterson

Reaction score
@all: Thank you very much, I really appreciate your comments!

Awesome build, Walt!
Two questions.
What is the nut made of?
Can you tell us more about your pickup making adventure? Was it very difficult?

The nut is made of buffalo horn. the pickup build was anything but easy. I had to make everything from scratch. It took me two weeks until I had something that sounded like I wanted it two... I may be faster in the future but it's quite a lot try and error. I'll only do it if I need slanted PUs because custom ones are really expensive.

Have you ever made guitars for people?

Not yet, but I need some space and may sell some of my older builds soon....

Beautiful work. One question, what's horizontal line between the neck and the body:

8595230379_eb9c5f8b3d_b.jpg

Scherzo got it, it's just for the looks, I have added three layers of veneer.... (Wenge/Maple/Wenge)

straightshreddd

Dat Dood
Reaction score
This is nasty, man. Excellent job. I'd normally not be into that type of body shape, but it's sleekness combined with the great wood selection make this thing look sick. Happy NGD, man. You've got skills. :yesway:

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
Man, since I saw this in the workbench thread, I've been desperate to see it finished, AND IT LOOKS FAWKING AMAZING!!!!

Seriously sick work, you're giving many luthiers a run for their money!

WiseSplinter

Reaction score
Bloody awesome! Its got a kind of stealth bomber / delta-wing vibe to it, very very cool. Reminds me of Toone's stuff.
So, when will you be taking orders? :)

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Is that a set neck construction? The cutaway looks Stephens-y but that shot of the shims shows that it mustn't be attached by the strap pin bolt.

blanco

Reaction score
Not yet, but I need some space and may sell some of my older builds soon....

Dibs on the blackmachine style build if its one of them :lol:
But in all seriousness your builds are really impressive and getting better everytime. One of the few threads i subscribe to and know i'm going to see something good and learn at the same time!