NAD Ceriatone King Kong 100 w/ Molecular channel

• Thread starter DarkstarII
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DarkstarII

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Good day ‘gents,

This wonderful amplifier arrived earlier this week and it’s been hard to stop playing long enough to work or write this post! I ordered iher from Nick at Ceriatone and six weeks later here she is! These really are a Jack-of-all-trades modded Marshall. I couldn’t be happier, it’s a blast to play and tweak for awesome toans. Currently rocking Shuguangs gen 9 12AX7s in each channel’s lead spot with JJs in the secondary. A Sovtek LPS takes care of V5. Rocking’ JJ EL34II in the power section.

I scored the 2021 Friedman BE-412 off Guitar Center Used a week ago - paid $795 shipped w/ taxes. It’s also fantastic. My JP2C loves it too. If anyone has questions about the amp or cab, ask away!

Attachments

• 21DEEB5A-3BF2-4809-A567-5B8B1EBB7FED.jpeg
    21DEEB5A-3BF2-4809-A567-5B8B1EBB7FED.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
  • B2DBE1EA-A769-4FD3-9FB9-6B7B2BBB3392.jpeg
    B2DBE1EA-A769-4FD3-9FB9-6B7B2BBB3392.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ccc444

Reaction score
Sweet, man! Never heard of the company before but it looks dope.

If anyone has questions about the amp or cab, ask away!
What does PUSSY TRIMMER on the back do? And is that a ™ next to it?? So many questions...

DarkstarII

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sweet, man! Never heard of the company before but it looks dope.

What does PUSSY TRIMMER on the back do? And is that a ™ next to it?? So many questions...
Ceriatone and the company owner, Nik, are based in Malaysia. They've been building hot-rodded aka modded Marshall-style amps (and other types, Trainwrecks, Dumble's ect) since about 2010.

And yes, that knob is indeed the Pussy Trimmer -- how much hair do you want on your gain? :)
To quote them: "Rear-panel Pussy Trimmer TM allows the player to fine tune compression and saturation." When I first turned the amp on after conducting a bias test, the PT was all the way down, or off. That made channel 2 sound broken, nearly completely off no matter how loud I cranked the master volume. Once I turned that knob a bit, the channel came alive and all was well!

The amp certainly does that Alice in Chains/Smashing Pumpkins/Grunge sound perfectly. A flick of a switch and turn of a knob and you've got great Ride the Lightning tones and into more modern metal sounds. I plan to run the amp in stereo with the JP2C, with a third amp used for cleans.

ccc444

Reaction score
I see, interesting name. I wonder if they've ever sued a razor company for copyright infringement. Enjoy the amp!