[NAD] Diezel Herbert

• Thread starter NexusMT
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NexusMT

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
IMG_0796.jpeg

I dreamed about the Diezel Herbert many times. There is just something about that thicc low end distortion that I love. Also it kinda of reminds me of heavy modded Marshall. After many months of waiting and checking other amps I like i decided to pull the trigger.

I will share below a couple of thoughts about this amp so far. Of course i'm still exploring as i only played with it a few hours.

- The amp is really low noise. It does not even need a noise gate, i was not expecting considering the gain of the amp.
- Clean sound is glorious. I thought it was kinda boring at first (without any overdrive) but it sounds really good. I put my SD1 in front and got a really nice overdrive in combination with my Strat.
- The headroom of the amp is fantastic. The notes are clear even with the amount of gain that this thing has, specially with the 7 String guitar.
- My old and beaten SD1 sounds great boosting the Channel 2 and putting some overdrive on Channel 1.
- The Channel 2+ is classic Diezel but tight and with headroom. Not crazy compressed like my Engl PB2.
- Ive seen many youtube videos mentioning the Channel 3 was a bit too much but it sounded great, even thicker and more agressive than the Channel 2+.
- Master volume is the best volume I ever used in an amp. Period.
- The Mid Cut also works a bit different from what i've thought. It cuts the announced frequency but also compensates the volume with the Level, it seems that boosts slightly other frequencies.

I'm really happy with this thing, it sounds glorious.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BabUShka

Reaction score
Happy NAD. It looks amazing 😍 simple modern design with lots of possibilities.

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Those Herberts are something else... CONGRATS!