NAD: EVH 5150iii 50w and 2x12 Mesa Recto Cab

shredder3386

Reaction score
Thanks dude! Ya I’ve heard not everyone is crazy about the v30s, but this is usually the exact setup I model with my Axefx haha (except a 4x12 instead of 2x12). I’ll have to try some other cabs in the future. I actually found a video when I was researching the amp where a guy had a scumback75 with a v30 in a Mesa cab and it sounded pretty nuts. The video was here

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shredder3386

Reaction score
Thanks dude! Ya I’ve heard not everyone is crazy about the v30s, but this is usually the exact setup I model with my Axefx haha (except a 4x12 instead of 2x12). I’ll have to try some other cabs in the future. I actually found a video when I was researching the amp where a guy had a scumback75 with a v30 in a Mesa cab and it sounded pretty nuts. The video was here

shredder3386

Reaction score
I had this exact setup but couldn't quite get along with the v30's in the Mesa cab. Sold it and bought the matching 4x12 and OMG. I tried the EVH 2x12 too but it was missing something. Sweet rig man...and if you ever get a chance to try it with the G12EVH speakers don't hesitate!
Sorry the above message was for you