NAD: gsp1101 (with the update)

• Thread starter Gmork
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
First off, tube snobs need not apply,
You trader! Tubes are the only way to go! Go back to your Rockmaster and other tubes heads and redeem yourself before it's to late! : )
- Kidding aside, I've heard good stuff about this unit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheKindred

TimeTravel Innovator
Reaction score
i have 2 GSP1101's and can't get enough of them tbh. Both paired with e530's and using the global presets so i can cycle between the e530 and onboard preamps for any given patch.

As to footswitch, i run one with the official floor pedal and the other with a Behringer1010. Basically does the exact same thing, so go with the cheaper midi option imo.

Darchetype

Reaction score
Why doesn't Digitech come out with a more modern and updated version of this?? Maybe a new pedal floor design or something? Or is/are Digitech going/gone under?

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Why doesn't Digitech come out with a more modern and updated version of this?? Maybe a new pedal floor design or something? Or is/are Digitech going/gone under?
Yeah Samsung bought them out and fired everyone

chopeth

Reaction score

Apart from the business issues, amazingly the gsp1101 is still the best cheap option to have a great unit that load impulses, and one of the first, how old is it, 13 years?

Splenetic

Reaction score
I love mine so much that when I found an IPB-10 for FIFTY CANADIAN DOLLARS (O_O) ......it became mine too. Another 50 CDN for a used ipad2, and I have basically a 2nd gsp1101 with better 4cm capabilities and a really nice UI for under $75 US

Honestly, switching between my amps preamps (Jet City JCA20 and Peavey Valveking) and the Digitech preamp models.....You can dial em in to sound just as good.

WarMachine

Reaction score
I love mine so much that when I found an IPB-10 for FIFTY CANADIAN DOLLARS (O_O) ......it became mine too. Another 50 CDN for a used ipad2, and I have basically a 2nd gsp1101 with better 4cm capabilities and a really nice UI for under $75 US

Honestly, switching between my amps preamps (Jet City JCA20 and Peavey Valveking) and the Digitech preamp models.....You can dial em in to sound just as good.
Exactly! I wish i still had it, but a while back i did an A/B with the preamp section of my real 5150 vs the 5150 sim in the GSP with matching cabs and i couldn't hear any difference at all. Really is a super sleeper for sure. If they could have only included power amp sections to these we wouldn't see NEARLY as many vs AxeFx vs Kemper vs Helix etc. It'd be all GSP.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Exactly! I wish i still had it, but a while back i did an A/B with the preamp section of my real 5150 vs the 5150 sim in the GSP with matching cabs and i couldn't hear any difference at all. Really is a super sleeper for sure. If they could have only included power amp sections to these we wouldn't see NEARLY as many vs AxeFx vs Kemper vs Helix etc. It'd be all GSP.

If it had continued to get proper support as well. That was the saddest thing about the GSP1101. The company itself didn't care about it. Just that lone dev who worked on it when he could.

WarMachine

Reaction score
Here's a cover i just did of Dokken's "It's Not Love". I'm not a big fan of Dokken, always thought George Lynch kicks ass tho. This is using the 2101 SatTube sim for the clean(breakup) and dirt guitars. The bass is just with a new set of strings running into the TSE BOD sim with some eq cuts, mainly around the 140-160hz range to get that low/boxy whistle sound out. This was mainly a test for the GSP but also for running just stock Reaper plugins in the master bus vs Waves/Slate/Fab Filter etc. Nothing wrong with those, but i was curious what i could get out of this and i gotta say it sounds better to my ears than most of my other mixes.

https://soundcloud.com/user-398552247/its-not-love-dokken-cover