NAD Laney Ironheart IRT60H

matisq

Reaction score
So in the end I managed to get rid of my no-so-beloved POD X3 PRO and Solidstate 200W stereo poweramp. I decide to buy Laney Ironheart IRT60H. Initially I was looking for a Peavey 6505 but I always prefer new gear over a used one and new 6505 is two time more expensive than Ironheart.

First thing - 60W is fucking loud! I plugged it only to my Custom YCab loaded with 2xV30 and it blows away a 200W solidstate poweramp. I was thinking that maybe 60W is not enough for music I play (metal/hardcore) but not it's huge. I finally discovered a bottom end in my 2x12 cab. And finally I can hear myself in a band situation.

Lead channel: the tone is really good, without using any extra pedal yet (but I will). I use booster at about 3 and gain about 8, and with passive pickups it's quite quiet. Power section is quiet at all. Lead channel works great with volume pot in guitar - it cleans out sound so great that I don't need use clean channel at all! Clean channel is also brilliant: very bright and crispy, works great with build in digital reverb.

I tried to plug POD HD 300 in front of Laney, to use wah or some OD + noisegate. No way! It sucks Laneys tone so badly. Fortunately I don't care, because after all this years I want to have analogue rig if possible.

So now my tube journey has begun!
Next stage - pedalboard...

IMAG0529.jpg

IMAG0530.jpg

IMAG0532.jpg

IMAG0533.jpg

IMAG0534.jpg

IMAG0539.jpg

IMAG0540.jpg

IMAG0547.jpg

IMAG0555.jpg

IMAG0558.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Greatoliver

Looking to windward
Reaction score
Snap! :D I love mine, the watt feature is really useful to play quietly.

I found it took a while to figure out how to get the tone I wanted, just because there were a lot of variables with the push/pull pots :lol:

Anant Naag

hate frets
Reaction score
Are you running it directly through the laney or do you have OD/boost in between ?

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Hey can you dial in hard rock tones with this, like Alice In Chains/ Down, or is it more for that British metal sound and the like? Nice amp, great price they're going for given how good they sound!

matisq

Reaction score
Sound of Laney Ironheart is not British. It's based on 6l6 so I would say it sound somehow similar to the Peavey 6505. I think you can dial with Ironheart almost any sound so should be no problem with AiC or Down.

Anant Naag

hate frets
Reaction score
The amp sounds amazing for no boost. Lots of gain without getting muddy.
Congratulations

Orren

Industrial Metalhead
Reaction score
Congrats on the Ironheart! I got mine a couple weeks ago and have been absolutely loving it! An amazingly versatile amp in every way! I posted a while ago about mine, nice to see more Ironheart threads pop up!

Hey can you dial in hard rock tones with this, like Alice In Chains/ Down, or is it more for that British metal sound and the like? Nice amp, great price they're going for given how good they sound!

Yes, in fact you can—on Channel 2 (Rhythm). The Rhythm channel with the gain around 4 and Rhythm volume around 6 is a dead ringer for a Marshall/AIC style tone (although AIC used a Bogner Fish preamp, but it was voiced like Marshalls).

I have some clips in my thread: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gear-equipment/196045-new-amp-laney-heart-iron-irt60h.html

Enjoy the amp! :hbang:

Orren

matisq

Reaction score
Yesterday I finally tried to use HD 300 in the FX loop of my amp with compressor, noise gate, chorus for clean and delay for solos and I have to say it's working just great!
I wanted to by separate pedals for delay, noise gate and maybe chorus or phaser, but now it seems that HD 300 works just fine in a FX loop.

So this is how it looks now.

544365_447289231958748_1671064410_n.jpg

Edika

Reaction score
Seems and sounds like a very cool amp! Congratulations man!

Do these have a switch to reduce the Wattage for playing at home?