NAD: Marshall JCM 800 2203/1960B

• Thread starter BenjaminW
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BenjaminW

Reaction score
Well there goes my hearing. I finally cured some extreme GAS of mine now that I got this bad boy in my possession.

I was supposed to get the amp today, but Sweetwater was nice enough to deliver it a day early which is awesome because that's one less day of GAS for me!

Along with the amp, I got a Rivera Rock Crusher attenuator to help control the volume, but the funny thing is that I can get a good sound out of it with the master volume at 5. I didn't get the attenuator to quite work last night, but I will spend some time on figuring out how to get it to work.

I will say that JCM 800s sound better in person than they do in comparison to YouTube videos.

unnamed.jpg

AndiKravljaca

Reaction score
Awesome. Please, for the love of all that's holy. Do a little video of some chunky '80s rhythms on that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Along with the amp, I got a Rivera Rock Crusher attenuator to help control the volume, but the funny thing is that I can get a good sound out of it with the master volume at 5.
HNGD, but for real use ear protection. Damaging your ears is not worth it.

Cynicanal

Reaction score
HNGD, but for real use ear protection. Damaging your ears is not worth it.
The "playing a Marshall amp is like having sex" analogies just write themselves, don't they?

"Always use protection. You think it's more fun to not, but you'll regret it."

Iron1

Old School Blacksmith
Reaction score
Can’t wait to be deaf!

I used to have a JCM900 4100 - if you strummed an open E chord and then tried to turn it up to ten, your eyeballs would start shaking so bad you couldn't see the printing on the face of the amp. :lol:

BenjaminW

Reaction score
I used to have a JCM900 4100 - if you strummed an open E chord and then tried to turn it up to ten, your eyeballs would start shaking so bad you couldn't see the printing on the face of the amp. :lol:
Sometimes I still can never understand how Eddie Van Halen was able to dime his amps and still be able to hear.

Cynicanal

Reaction score
Because he variaced them so hard that the power sections were totally starved of voltage. This is also why he reportedly only got a few hours of use out of a set of tubes.

newamerikangospel

Tonight.......you
Reaction score
I thought he ran his amps super hot? The variac at low voltages would cause them to be lower voltage, and lower wattages causing them to run colder unless I am mistaken