NAD: Mesa Single Rectifier 50w (series 2)

Spinedriver

Reaction score
So i traded some pedals for a series 2 single rec!!

So far at low home volumes i think its great! I def see what people mean when they talk about the upper mids thing, guess it just doesnt bother me that much, i find going a little lower in the mids helps smooth it out and when its cranked i bet the lowend will fill it out nicely.
Loving how it sounds boosted, its mean! hm2 sounds wicked as well as my mxr m77. Think i like the vintage mode best!
No complains!

I didnt expect it to weight so little which is a bonus!! Plus JUST LOOK AT IT WITH MY CAB! 😍
Must have been quite the stack of pedals... lol... ANYTHING labeled 'Mesa' in Canada isn't cheap, even used. Mind you in BC, you may have more people selling them, thus a slightly lesser going rate than here on the East Coast. With L&M being pretty much the only place to buy stuff aside from pawn shops, people expect about 20% below retail for used stuff around here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gmork

Reaction score
Must have been quite the stack of pedals... lol... ANYTHING labeled 'Mesa' in Canada isn't cheap, even used. Mind you in BC, you may have more people selling them, thus a slightly lesser going rate than here on the East Coast. With L&M being pretty much the only place to buy stuff aside from pawn shops, people expect about 20% below retail for used stuff around here.
It was $1150 (CAD) and traded my DOD metalX, dod thrashmaster, boss hm3 and ehx pitch fork for a value of $510.
A bit light but he also delivered it from hours away for nothing. Plus it came with 2 single rec footswitches.
The rest ill pay off in small instalments (hes a friend of mine) or when i sell my mesa roadster.

Gmork

Reaction score
Btw theres a stiletto head for $950 canadian locally, how do they compare to rectos?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Btw theres a stiletto head for $950 canadian locally, how do they compare to rectos?
Was Mesa's first take on a more Marshally circuit. Apparently a super underrated amp head.

Also I had both a Single and Triple Recto and preferred the single tbh.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
The Stiletto is nothing like a Recto. I also had a Stiletto head for a while among my Rectifier endeavors. The Stiletto had more of a Marshall sound but with the guff of a Mesa power amp. It's also brighter and very articulate. I ran mine through a 4x12 Stiletto cab for several years. It did the job very well. What's weird is I can't at all remember how the clean channel was.

Great amp if it's the sound you're going for. Definitely do not expect it to be similar to the Recto line.