NAD - Not so "Tiny" Terror

• Thread starter LCW
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LCW

Reaction score
Wanted to get a somewhat "cheap" little tube amp to have around, since I'm trying out digital and got rid of all my other amps.

Little fucker smokes! So much low end it's silly. Only 15W. Shit tons of gain. Fizzy but has character. Like a Recto. Shape control is weird but I knew that going in. I've had a DT before and a TH30.

IMG_2481.jpeg

LCW

Reaction score
Whoa! I was gonna sell the SV212 and keep the 1936 but I plugged into the SV212 later on… MUCH better match to the Dark Terror. Was less fizz and also a lot less low end boom.

The SV212 has V-Types (70W) and is an 8 ohm cab (so speakers are 16 ohm in parallel).

The 1936 has G12T-75s and is a 16 ohm cab (so speakers are 8 ohm in series).

While I’m not sure how the speaker impedance values and series vs parallel affects the tone, I’m guessing the V-Types frequency response curve better matches (to my ears) the frequencies the Dark Terror puts out.

I did a fair sweep of the Shape control knob too and the SV212 w/ V-Types sounded better no matter the setting.

Plus it doesn’t look as silly sitting on top of a vertical 2x12 lol. The 1936 is as wide as a 4x12.

IMG_2494.jpeg

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
HNAD! I loved boosting the shit of my tiny terror for death metal tones, it was really raw and aggressive sounding.

Reactions: LCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PuckishGuitar

Wife has Dior, I have ESP
Reaction score
DT is my sludge and doom go-to amp, just puts out the filth. The shape is crazy flexible on the sweep to get all sorts of tones out of it. Congrats!

Reactions: LCW

kerryymm

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Love the Dark Terror - I gigged one for years, getting on for 15 years ago now so before the whole lunchbox amp thing took off. I wiped the smirk off quite a few faces when people saw me setting up, then heard me bend the windows out with my first chord :)