NAD Valveking 112

• Thread starter maggotspawn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Congrats! I honestly didn't know there were VK combos, it seems like I've only ever seen the head.

maggotspawn

Reaction score
Congrats! I honestly didn't know there were VK combos, it seems like I've only ever seen the head.
Thanks. I have a little stash of 6L6's, and didn't have an amp to run them in.
The head with a cab, would be a good option for someone on a budget.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
I ran the 100W head as a poweramp for my modelers for years and loved it. Prior to that I had an SD-1 that I boosted it with and it ripped pretty well then, too. I remember having jumped the effects loop with a 3" patch cord because it sounded slightly better? It's been a while, though. OT on mine eventually shit the bed and I ended up picking up a 5150 III 50W

maggotspawn

Reaction score
I ran the 100W head as a poweramp for my modelers for years and loved it. Prior to that I had an SD-1 that I boosted it with and it ripped pretty well then, too. I remember having jumped the effects loop with a 3" patch cord because it sounded slightly better? It's been a while, though. OT on mine eventually shit the bed and I ended up picking up a 5150 III 50W
I forgot about the patch cord/loop thing. I'll have to try that out, thanks.

maggotspawn

Reaction score
Congrats! Those combos used to be iconic back in the days when tube amps were really expensive - the VK was one of the first affordable tube amps ln the marked. Always wanted to try one.
Thanks. Yeah, I've been curious about these for a while. Good bang for the buck with them.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Nice grab! My first tube amp was a Valveking 100 head and it served me well for several years :yesway:

I'm not sure if the combos have the same quirks, but the head version is widely known to have a bit of tone suck when the effects loop and second input jacks are all left empty. If you use a patch cable to connect the send and return and a dummy connector in the second input, you'll get the full signal and gain back a little bit of punch and clarity :metal:

Big Dumb Bitch

Evil trans lady >:3
Reaction score
My friend used to have one of those and he'd let me borrow it occasionally. The clean channel is pretty decent and with the right dirt or boost pedal the dirty channel sounds pretty good too. Valvekings are pretty dope for how cheap they are.

maggotspawn

Reaction score
Nice grab! My first tube amp was a Valveking 100 head and it served me well for several years :yesway:

I'm not sure if the combos have the same quirks, but the head version is widely known to have a bit of tone suck when the effects loop and second input jacks are all left empty. If you use a patch cable to connect the send and return and a dummy connector in the second input, you'll get the full signal and gain back a little bit of punch and clarity :metal:
Thanks. Yeah, I put a patch cable in the loop and it helped. I'll have to try a dummy plug in the 2nd input.