Narrowed it down. What do you guys think I should get? (PRS SE vs LTD)

neurosis

Reaction score
So, after browsing like a maniac and trying these two in a shop I am decided to ebay one of these two guitars. I already have different reasons to go for one or the other (they are obviously different but I like them both).

I am more interested in a compariosn between the two. Quality wise, whioch will present the least flaws ordered from the internet? Which do you think has a better reesale value in case I get bored? Whoever has one of these could tell me why it is a good biuy and how theirs is holding up.

I am torn between the PRS SE 245 and a LTD EC1000 with goldburst finish. I love the goldburst over the silverburst on these. It looks a lot more pro and valuable than the silverburst in my opinion. And the guitar looks overall more aggressive than any other LP I have seen.

The 245 is jut beautiful for the money and the one I tried had a lot of balls in the bridge, even though the neck was weird.

I play some blues and rock and then some metal. One is ebony, the other is rosewood. i am fine with both. I have other guitars back in Spain, but I need something to toy around while studying here in the US.

Anyone have some input? Both are great for the prize I think, the LTD being more expensive.

Cheers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
While I haven't particularly tried both specific models, I've tried many LTD's and PRS SE's. Both are great guitars for the money, with both pro's and con's that overlap between eachother. I personally think I'd enjoy the SC245 a bit more; the LTD EC-1000 I played had an awkward feeling neck, but sounded pretty good. This is probably because I'm just not an LP guy however. For straight up metal I'd imagine the EC to excell pretty well. For rock and blues, the PRS SE would fit the bill. This is all my opinion though.

LTD's are made in Indonesia now I think, while the PRS SE line is manufactured in Korea. Both have pretty good quality control. If you're interested in a guitar that has better parts and isn't gonna come with a lot of flaws, get the LTD. If you like to keep it simple but still have some versatility, you can't go wrong with the PRS SE line.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I've actually not owned an LTD that wasn't superb, so I'd say go that route. It being a goldtop should make the decision that much easier.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Just based on my own experience, i'd go PRS SE. Those guitars have always impressed me, the quality seems above the price range. I owned one a few years ago for awhile, sounded great compared to my other mid range guitars.

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
I would go with the PRS, but I don't like the stop tails that they had on some of their guitars.

Tonjolly

Reaction score
I am really in love with my LTD (not an EC though), amazing playability, great sound, quality stuff. Still, I would probably go for the PRS SE: the few I tried were really something. Supercomfortable neck, easy access everywhere on the fretboard, good sound (both clean and crunch), you can definitely see an attention to details that's in another league. Besides, as Opion pointed out, as you'll use it for blues, rock and the occasional metal, the PRS is far more versatile than the LTD, which is much more of a metal axe, I believe.