Native Instrument Guitar Rig free demo to download

• Thread starter Goliath
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
whats it do? (havent got around to downloading it yet)

J

Josh

It's plugins (vst?) for various recording software. Basically, for example....you run a dry guitar signal into Sonar 3 and run it through the virtual amps, etc....in that guitar rig. It's software ampage...basically.

Chris D

Fiddich or Morangie???
Reaction score
I seen a mag review of the full version, which ships with a floorboard ( 4 footswitches & an expression pedal ) it looks pretty sweet...
You use your PC to create patches using stackable virtual amps/fx, like a customizable virtual rack setup.
( gonna have a look @ the demo )

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
The clean tones are cool, but the overdrive amps sound like poo. They're on the right track though.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Virtue said:
This reminds me of the Line 6 Guitar Port a bit.
Heh, I almost bought one of those today as a toy to fuck around with. $99 at Daddy's right now.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Virtue said:
This reminds me of the Line 6 Guitar Port a bit.

Except I think that the GP sounds better, especially the overdriven amp models.

Goliath

Contributor
Reaction score
So the guitar port is basically just an interface? Like, plug your guitar in and all your tones are software driven?

That sounds pretty sweet for 100 beans!

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Goliath said:
So the guitar port is basically just an interface? Like, plug your guitar in and all your tones are software driven?

That sounds pretty sweet for 100 beans!

Yeah except I am not sure how well it ends up interfacing with certain recording software. I haven't been able to find a lot of answers about that.