NBD - It always ends up being....

• Thread starter Andromalia
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
what I absolutely didn't plan to buy at the start of the process. I was merely looking for a 5 string because I'm tired of always retuning to this and that. I browsed for cheap but good 500ish basses and I of course ended up spedning twice as much. :realmad:<-Girlfriend

A Wild case appears !

What is it ??

Tadam

She's an Ibanez SR 1805 NTF.
Very comfortable to play, the pickups sound excellent through my bass patches on the axe II. It came with a set of elixirs 130 and for once they are perfectly suited to that bass. Not bridge cables, just appropriate tension, you can rest on the strings and they answer to pressure very well. Setup is perfect and nothing to change there, really.
As a bonus, as it is likely the first one they sell, Thomann sent me a real picture of the bass as it is the one they used for their web site. My pics are nigthtime indoors and not the best I'll see if I can do better ones this week end (it needs a back shot, it is actually a one piece body). That bass really is pretty.
The Wenge/bubinga neck has a very thin satin finish and looks stunner.

Was a little thrown off at first as the EQ didn't seem to work.... well, one of the switches is an EQ bypass and it was on bypass position. XD The mid shift switch really opens up two possibilities of tones.

I got ze heavies very easily and this bass otherwise sounds reaaaal good. Way above my LTD F404, which may just be due to EMGs not being my thing, as the LTD is a very good piece of luthery.

As you can see o the pic I also got a new sound card because I can't record voices with the axefx and wanted something to put in a rack and that will stay there, so my recording setup isn't redone yet, I'll try to rcord something soon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
One of my friends has the SR1205, which appears to be virtually the same bass but with a slightly less exotic wood combination and honestly if it had Prestige on the headstock instead of Premium, I would have believed it.
The playability, tone and fit and finish are fantastic and I just LOVE that super light finish on the back of the neck.
Enjoy your bass man, sounds like you got a killer SR bass too.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Nice. I've got the Premium BTB 5 which has the same pups and preamp as this, and you're right, they sound great. I've actually been toying with the idea of getting the six string version of your bass, for similar reasons as yours for buying this, haha.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
You guys in Europe get those swanky gig bags. We get the poop ones :lol:

Espresto

Reaction score
If I had to choose between the two, I'd probably take this over a prestige. These appeal more to me aesthetically, have comparable build quality, identical hardware, and much better electronics (nordy pickups are killer). Kudos on a great choice, haha!