NBD - Spector

• Thread starter Screamingdaisy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Screamingdaisy

Reaction score
Spector Forte 5.

This (IMO) is a pretty cool bass. The Forte started as a no frills version of their USA NS-5 with standardized options (ash wings, no fret markers, only available in satin black, Aguilar electronics, no hard case), and over time Spector (being a custom shop) would let people request more and more options for an upcharge. This one for instance has maple wings, EMGs, HAZ preamp, custom colour, inlay and a wide (19mm) string spacing.

Eventually, Spector discontinued the Forte because they became a backdoor way to get a USA custom at a reduced price.

IMG_1996_sm.jpg

IMG_1997_sm.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Screamingdaisy

Reaction score
Is it a flamed maple top with plain maple wings, or are the wings flamed maple all the way through? I'd like to see pics of the back of it, if you don't mind🙂

Clean looking bass!

Solid maple.

The back has some buckle rash and a bit of wear and tear. Not an issue for me as I'll add my own.

IMG_1999_sm.jpg

Cleaning things up, fresh battery. I'm appreciating the attention to detail with the shielding and threaded inserts.

IMG_2002_sm.jpg

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Very nice! My bassist has quite a collection of these basses and I recognize that inlay. :yesway: