NBRJBD (New Bernie Rico Jr. Build Day) - The Conjuring of the "Witch"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLink2411

Banned
Reaction score
I have just finalized my design and received the final quote for a very special Bernie Rico Jr. guitar that I am calling the "Witch." It does look like a very evil witch's broom doesn't it?

It is inspired by the BC Rich Virgin, BC Rich Ironbird, Gibson Explorer, Bernie Rico Jr. 727 Jekyll, and Jackson Kelly (ironically, I just noticed how much it looks like the Kelly) among other things.

Design:
l_bf63efaf99f1441596f111d1d466e700.jpg

*excuse the freehand drawing and my writing*

Specs:
7-strings

Neckthrough

27"-scale

27 jumbo stainless-steel frets

Seymour Duncan Blackouts AHB-1 7-string Phase-I pickups with black pickup rings, /[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]w angled neck pickup

Battery box on back

3-way toggle

One volume

One tone

Killswitch button

Neutrik locking-jack on side of body[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Shaller straplocks (one on back, one on side)

No fretboard inlays

Maho[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]gany wings

One [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]piece maple neck

"Shred" neck profile

Ebony fingerboard

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]M
eta[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]llic black finish

Jekyll headstock painted to match body

All black hardware[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Hipshot 7-string fixed bridge

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bone nut[/FONT]

Sperzel Trim-Lok tuners[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] (first six strings)

Sperzel D-thing (low B)

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Set-up:
LaBella HRS-73 strings tuned BEADGBe

Low action

Flat truss rod[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

If all goes well, tomorrow I will make my deposit and the madness will begin. As the build progresses, I will keep you lot updated via this thread with any info and pics Nick from AxePalace or Bernie himself hands me. All of this will then culminate in a NGD thread of epic proportions a few months down the road.

Thank you for reading, and flying spaghetti monster be with you!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EliNoPants

Reaction score
sah-weet...the pencil drawing looks like it'll be cool, but given how awesome all the BRJ's i've seen are, i have a feeling this will come out pretty fucking amazing

AChRush1349

Causal Anomalie
Reaction score
I love it. I was thinking of at some point drawing up a rico jr. kelly, and you pretty much hit the nail right on the head. Its awesome. Throw on a floyd for me, though!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah yeah yeah... I did first and it came up with 1000 results for non-guitar related things. I mean, for this specific application, what is it for? I assume it's where the cable plugs in and is somehow better than your average guitar cable input.

The first link when Googled says everything.

It's basically a really high quality locking jack with a small lever that you depress to let remove the cable.

It's a great little device, but I've always just used the cable-thru-strap method. I had one on a few basses I owned, and they did come in handy every now and then.

LLink2411

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah yeah yeah... I did first and it came up with 1000 results for non-guitar related things. I mean, for this specific application, what is it for? I assume it's where the cable plugs in and is somehow better than your average guitar cable input.
It is like a normal guitar jack, but it locks the plug in place.

You have to press the red button and firmly pull out the cable to unhook the guitar.

Status
Not open for further replies.