NCA(Custom Acoustic)D!!!!

• Thread starter gfactor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gfactor

Reaction score
I just picked up my Custom Lichty acoustc and I'm speechless, the guitar is beyond my expectations. It's the perfect guitar and a joy to play! Thank you so much to my grandparents for the anticipatory graduation gift!

Here's the rundown
Back+Sides: Cocobolo
Top: Sinker Redwood
Neck: Mahogany
Fingerboard+Bridge:Ebony
Binding: Maple
Nut+Saddle:Camel Bone
Tuners: Goht0h 510

The guitar looks incredible, I especially love the grain on the back and the shape is unique but still has classic lines. It also allows for great upper neck access. Speaking of the neck it turned out exactly right, it fits my hand like a glove and the body has a slight wedge to it so it is very comfortable to play.

The sound of this guitar is head and shoulders above any other that I've played, the notes seem to jump right out and the tone has the perfect balance of brightness and warmth and is very responsive to slight changes playing so it sound dynamic and alive. The highs never get brittle or shrill and the lows never get muddy, even dense cords low on the neck ring out clear. The amount of volume this thing can produce is also astounding i mean it's LOUD!

The builder Jay Lichty was a joy to work with and he involved me in every element of the design (I even got to hand pick the woods in his shop!) and the craftsmanship is top notch.

Here's a few of my favorite pictures of the thing, I don't have a good camera but his wife's a photographer and took a bunch of great pictures, I can't post them all here but there's much more on his website Custom Acoustic Guitar, Cocobolo Alchemist with Sinker Redwood Top and also a bunch of cool picture from the build.

Custom Cocobolo Alchemist-61.jpg

Custom Cocobolo Alchemist-63.jpg

Custom Cocobolo Alchemist-70.jpg

Custom Cocobolo Alchemist-69.jpg

It looks even better in person but very few people will ever get close enough to it to know that :cool:. His other instruments are amazing too, I've lost plenty of hours looking through his archives.

I could not be happier with this guitar! This post took me forever to write cause I have it in my lap and keep stopping halfway through sentences to play :lol:

EDIT: I did a recording http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ge...portable-recorder-test-audio.html#post3336988

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Sounds gorgeous! Congrats, man. Is that test pretty representative of the sort of stuff you play or will it be working in some other styles as well?

gfactor

Reaction score
Sounds gorgeous! Congrats, man. Is that test pretty representative of the sort of stuff you play or will it be working in some other styles as well?

The test song is just some parts I've been writing the past couple day and I liked it for the test because it has a decent amount of variety. I like the chords though and may try to turn it into an actual song. I have problems sticking to one genre when I play so I'll defiantly play in other styles. It also sounds great with fingerstlye, jazz, and blues.