NCD: I join the Mesa family :D

Horizongeetar93

the sparkle guy
Reaction score
Ok so my drummer was helping me out by constantly searching CL for a decently priced Mesa 4x12 cabinet and he came across this one. It is a Mesa Slant 4x12 Stiletto/Traditional model with Celestion Vintage 30's (which sound amazing!). Got it with a trade for my Marshall 1960 A

First Impressions: Wow. Coming from using a Marshall 1960 A (with the Gt-75's I believe) this cab blows it out of the water! I didn't even have to tweak any settings on my head for it to sound amazing. I go for a more scooped mid range sort of tone and this cab just carries it perfectly. I have yet to hear it with my full band yet but my other guitarist uses the same setup and it sounds good on his amp.

Condition: Fairly new. Just a few bumps and bruises but you'll see that in any sort of used gear now adays. It doesnt affect the overall tone so i'm not concerned.

Final Thoughts/Suggestions: Still trying to get the best out of my tone. For right now, it is holding up my expectations and more. I would seriously suggest this to anyone looking for a much clearer sound in their guitar amplification if they were looking to spend a little bit of cash to get it.

Attachments

• mesa cab peavey 6505.JPG
    mesa cab peavey 6505.JPG
    956.4 KB · Views: 70

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That cab and that amp is a very known and successful metal combo. :yesway:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the family. We're a nice bunch. :lol:

Straight up, though, good deal, and Mesh is right - that combo has some history. :yesway:

mlancaster1

Reaction score
Dam I cant wait to get mine unfortunately I had to special order one so I have to wait 6 weeks

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
this is gonna look good sitting next to my mesa and my 5150ii later this week :D

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
I got a stilletto/standard sized one a while back. brilliant cab, they just sound awesome (plus they use ipswich made celestions, not chines and also with a slightly heavier magnet). It's tight, focused and meatier than an argentinian eat all you can eat metal fiesta buffet.

With a 6505/5150 it's just armageddon, love the combo, it's utterly brilliant for full scale destruction (especially with a Tube screamer up front). job done :)

Horizongeetar93

the sparkle guy
Reaction score
I got a stilletto/standard sized one a while back. brilliant cab, they just sound awesome (plus they use ipswich made celestions, not chines and also with a slightly heavier magnet). It's tight, focused and meatier than an argentinian eat all you can eat metal fiesta buffet.

With a 6505/5150 it's just armageddon, love the combo, it's utterly brilliant for full scale destruction (especially with a Tube screamer up front). job done :)

thanks Man :woot: post a link to those speakers, i wanna check em out.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
thanks Man :woot: post a link to those speakers, i wanna check em out.
316133_10150424245167674_705452673_10909809_80353479_n.jpg

BryanFTWL

#winlosing
Reaction score
Wait, you go for a scooped sound and the Mesa carries it out more than the g12-75 loaded Marshall did? Lolwut