NCD Mesa Recto standard OS slant 4x12 cab!

ihunda

Reaction score
Wow, I have dreamed of owning that cab forever and finally pulled the trigger on a used one from the facebook Marketplace.

My story is that I've only either played into a 1x12 Marshall cab, via an Axe Fx / Kemper or a head into a two notes torpedo but I knew that someday I had to try the real deal!

I bought it from Georges of the band From Hell in Oakland, a very nice guy and got it for a good price.
This thing has been through hell literally, with holes in the grill cloth and dings everywhere but I love it this way, looks killer and the speakers have had way enough energy flowing through them to get broken in.

I played non stop for close to 2 hours, trying the cab with my Mark V, Bugera 1960 and 5150 III heads, OMG, now I understand the concept of amp in the room. Very touch sensitive, I got a feeling of being very present with the sound for a lack of better words and it's easy to get inspired even at moderate/low volume when there's such a real physical experience to the tone.

Well, long story short, a real 4x12 cab makes a difference for me even though I am satisfied with the sound of IRs. Now I am wondering if I go direct to FOH for the nest show or if I bring the cab, at least for my stage sound.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Great cab, and so popular all these years for good reason. For live use, it’s definitely nice to run the Kemper FOH and power a 412 for stage volume. The air moving is nice and it gives the people up at the front of the stage something to hear. So you can do both. Just set a fixed dB for the main outs and unlink them from the master volume so you can control your volume on the stage without affecting the FOH signal.