NCD! (Zilla Content)

AndreasD

Reaction score
I originaly emailed Paul about 10 months ago after seeing a couple of threads about the Fatboy on here. I didn't really have enough money at the time, so I got back in touch with him in early January inquiring about a red Fatboy with basketweave, citing the style the guys form The Safety Fire use. He replied saying he had one of the 2x12s used in the Huge Hammers video and I decided I obviously had to get it. He very kindly held it for me for almost a month. He loaded it with V30s and sent it out on Monday. I finally received it on Friday.

Short review:

It sounds very full and tight. The lows are clear and loud without being boomy. The mids have an awesome "Nollyness" to them (a kind of bite/crunch) and the highs aren't harsh which is something I was slightly worried about. All in all it's a very clear and defined cab. (Incase anyone was wondering, I'm using it with a custom preamp and poweramp based on the Mesa Mark IV and Mesa 20/20 respectively, built by Garland Amps).

It feels very well built and looks amazing.

Price wise, bearing in mind this was considered b-stock/ex-demo and not including shipping, it cost a bit more than half of what thomann have the Mesa Recto 2x12 for. In other words, bloody cheap.

tl;dr: Got the cab from this video:

It's awesome. Get one.

Here are some pics:
IMG_5064.jpg

IMG_5068.jpg

IMG_5071.jpg

IMG_5072.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't quite capture the colour (it's less orange and more red), but you get the idea.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Awesome! I like this new "Nollyness" adjective, I feel honoured :)