Neck question

• Thread starter maliciousteve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys. On my new RG, when I play a G at the 12th fret on the G string, the string rattles against the next fret and it does this all the way up to the 24th fret. It sounds as if the truss rod is a touch too tight, Would adjusting the truss rod for a touch more relief fix this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
I knew I'd mix it up :D

Does any one know where I can get a truss rod key for the RG? I've looked on Allparts uk and I'm not sure which one I need as their measurements are in inches but I'm told that I need a 7mm hex wrench. I'm terrible at converting measurements.

Lee

Above
Contributor
Reaction score
7 millimeters = 0.275590551 inches

Just go to the hardware store and get yourself a pack of hex wrenches. They come in handy :yesway:

newamerikangospel

Tonight.......you
Reaction score
Uh, the truss rod normally doesn't effect anything that far up the neck very much. Adjust the bridge/floyd (which everone) should fix it. You might have a low cut saddle, which you could shim if the bridge radius doesn't match the neck.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
7 millimeters = 0.275590551 inches

Just go to the hardware store and get yourself a pack of hex wrenches. They come in handy :yesway:

You can buy a set of both US And metric together at walmart for .88$.