Neck specs Jackson Pro Series Dave Davidson Warrior WR7

• Thread starter uni777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

uni777

Reaction score
Due to health issues i sold off most of my sevenstrings. I've heen looking at the DD WR7 for a while now but i cannot find a good description of the neckprofile. How does it compare to Ibby vs Schecter etc.? My hands are the most comfortable with C shape necks with less of an schoulder. Ibanez necks are to thin for me. I prefer a more rounded profile.

Can anyone with some hands on experience share some insights? Thanks.

uni777

Reaction score
Thanks, where did you find this? This is not from the jackson site, right? I'm afraid this is going to be to thin for me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
i have a wr7 and I'd agree that it's a relatively flat thin D shape. If Ibanez necks are too thin for you then you'll probably dislike the WR7 neck.

Northfall

Established Djentleman
Reaction score
Due to health issues i sold off most of my sevenstrings. I've heen looking at the DD WR7 for a while now but i cannot find a good description of the neckprofile. How does it compare to Ibby vs Schecter etc.? My hands are the most comfortable with C shape necks with less of an schoulder. Ibanez necks are to thin for me. I prefer a more rounded profile.

Can anyone with some hands on experience share some insights? Thanks.
IF you've ever held a Jackson HT7 (the Misha sigs) the WR7 neck is very comparable. Imo, it's more of a Jackson thin C profile opposed to the above mentioned "Thin D" - it's also not nearly as flat as a Schecter / Ibanez. I found it was quite comfortable and enjoyed that neck as one of my favorite 7-string necks i had owned.

I would recommend the Walnut > Distressed Ash due to the extra beveling that it offers giving a bit more comfort while sitting.

uni777

Reaction score
The walnut version is indeed the one i am looking at. I found that my hands prefer a smaller radius board, so the compound radius was also something which might be a good thing. i have no experience with a HT7.

For six strings i tend to not look as much at the thickness but shape and i seem to prefer a shoulderles full C bordering on a soft v. My 80's BC Rich necks are amazing in that regard. I used to have a Kerry King KKW7 sevenstring with a 12" radius board which had a nice feel to it. But the guitar was so damn heavy that with a combination of reumatism/arthitis and severe lung issues it was very uncomfortable to play.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
I don't know if the import versions have the same shape as the USA ones, but the USA is more of a C shape. Thicker than an ibanez. Basically a standard Soloist profile but wider due to the extra string.

uni777

Reaction score
C shape was also my experience with WR7s. Felt super similar to my CS Soloist 7.
So according to you guys the consensus is the shape does not have the flat middle of the Ibanez necks and the shoulders are not as pronounced either..
Thanks for the info.

Shask

Reaction score
Thanks, where did you find this? This is not from the jackson site, right? I'm afraid this is going to be to thin for me.
I can't do thin D shapes either due to wrist issues, and I can't do any Jackson guitars.

What works best for me is Schecter with the Thin C neck (thier thicker neck), or PRS.

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
There's always E-II if you want a chonker
That's probably not a bad shout.

I love Ibanez necks, but clearly they're not for everyone. For 6-strings, the Wizard III / Nitro Wizard necks might be ok (thicker and more C-shaped than Wizard / Super Wizard), but the extra width of the 7-string necks seems to exaggerate the flatness of the back of the neck and the prominence of the shoulders.

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They are surprisingly comfy and the shape actually lends itself to supporting your arm , I found that the horn actually gives you a place to plant your elbow / forearm on , making it a lot more comfortable than you’d imagine with that shape . Neck was comfy too . I almost bought it but I don’t play 7’s

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Agreed, Warriors are legitimately some of the most comfortable guitars I've ever played. Dangerous for objects around you though lol

uni777

Reaction score
I've owned a WR1 in snow white years ago. That got sold quickly. It was a rush order as they forgot to build it. (endorsee arragement) It had drips in the clearcoat which were hard to see but very feelable on the neck and the locknut holes were to wide so the nut moved when using the trem.
Cannot remember how the neckt felt.. it looked great and the balance was awesome. Playing sevenstrings more and it being a lemon made i sold it fairly quickly. (i bought a Gibson with better finish :facepalm:)

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Coming of from Schecters mostly, I found the neck of my WR7 to be amongst the most comfortable I ever tried. I would highly suggest this guitar to anyone, I was lucky enough to grab one of the Walnuts in preorder in 2020, right before the price went up, but I'd still grab one at their current price tag

uni777

Reaction score
So I guess i have to thank the people who made me take a gamble. Found one with a discount because of a little ding in the neck. Managed to steam it out significatly. The neck is not like any of the ibanez guitars i've had over the years. And it is light as a feather.

Potato pics:

Attachments

• IMG-20240425-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20240425-WA0003.jpg
    516.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-20240425-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20240425-WA0005.jpg
    504 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-20240425-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20240425-WA0014.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 21