Need a new amp/preamp

Frankb7stringer

Reaction score
Yes its yet another amp debate. My current setup is a peavey transtube supreme and an ampeg v412 with g12s50 celestions. My quam with it is that it doesnt take well to blackouts. Pinch harmonics sound artificial among other things. So my two options are either a new head or a preamp into the power amp in. I was thinking for option one either a 333xl or a B52 ATX100. Idk what kind of preamp I would use. im looking for a modern tone somewhere between within the ruins (invade) and whitechapel (I, Dementia) being the only guitarist in my band, my tone doesnt sit in the mix as much live. I also like the vypyr tube head a lot for versatility sake.

it seems like the preamp Option makes more sense as far as money goes and the fact that the peaveys power section responds exactly like a tube power section. I need opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
The 5150 III 50w is mostly out of stock at the moment, all big online shops in europe are waiting for deliveries. Must be a killer commercial success.