need a recommendation for a good el34 amp

• Thread starter shalev98732
  • Start date
  • Tags
    el34
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
in my curent apartment i got a 40wat solid state that if i turn it past half i get nosie complaints, i do play shows and gonna get a captor x soon, also will probally move to australia soon to live with my girlfriend in a privae house iwth a basement that ill probally put acoustic stuff in so i can turn it all the way up, i do play shows tho and in them we dont really got a volume limit.
this is some key info. I'm back to voting JCM800 or plexi/superlead.

Keep in mind they dont have to say "marshall" either, Ceriatone, metropolous, germino, mojotone, fargen, dr dan and more.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I think the JVM would probably be a good choice given you reference Bodom and Megadeth, but lots of amps could get similar tones. The JVM is a killer amp though!

shalev98732

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think the JVM would probably be a good choice given you reference Bodom and Megadeth, but lots of amps could get similar tones. The JVM is a killer amp though!
whats better the regular version or the joe satriani version, since they have it in a local store

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
whats better the regular version or the joe satriani version, since they have it in a local store
well none of what you're trying to play sounds like joe satriani, so I would probably go with the regular model.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The JS "arguably" has the better clean and crunch channel since the clean is based on the highly-regarded Marshall 6100 and Crunch based on the Slash sig (the regular still has a great clean and crunch tho) but I prefer the lead channels on the regular one due to them being more compressed, tighter and overall more pissed off sounding. The JS' lead channels were tweaked to be less compress, softer, etc. Basically to sound more like his sound.

Get a JVM205/210 and call it good.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
The Satriani version has noise gates instead of reverb, so that's cool. I honestly don't know of the tonal differences! I'm sure they are very similar -- it may be worth just trying to find youtube clips to a/b with regarding the tones.

JediMasterThrash

Reaction score
Aren't EL34's in the power section? No modern high gain amp gets it's distortion from the power section. You'll never need to crank the master volume up enough for the power tubes to matter that much.

BabUShka

Reaction score
Love my JVM 205. I sold mine many years ago and bought another one years later that I still own.

It sounds great on lower volumes, as you can crank the master a bit and turn down the channel volume. Channel two in orange mode is brutal and tight as hell.

There is only one thing that I hate about it - I've never managed to dial good enough delay or reverb running pedals though the FX loop. All the other amps I played could handle it. But my JVM distorts the sound and messes with the level of the signal and I know others has the simular issues.

I've managed to live with this as the built in reverb is nice and Im not really into delays. But if you use a lot of pedals, I would try the FX. loop before buying it.