Need Drum Programmer for 8 string Black Metal Project

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post so please don't butcher me for doing it wrong or whatever.

I am currently looking for someone to begin programming drums for an 8 track album. The music is in the vein of melodic black metal with hints of death metal thrown in (since this is what this band used to specialize in before a series of line up changes) and the primary guitar parts will be played with an 8 string tuned to drop Eb. There is no djent in these songs, not that we have anything against it. Mostly huge singing chords.

Drums should be written in a similar style to Belphegor/Behemoth. There will also be plenty of room for jazzy breaks between all the blasting, etc.

In case you're interested, vox will be very extreme, plenty of lows and most likely MOSTLY high shrieks (this is black metal after all).

The guitar parts have been written and demo'd via Reaper to the internal metronome so project files shouldn't be a problem.

I'm looking for a creative minded individual with plenty of prior experience programming drums for use in Superior Drummer 2.0. I would obviously prefer to find someone to share the spotlight with and collaborate with future projects as well, but I am not opposed to paying someone merc style for this work. As we already have a considerable sum of time and money tied up in this project and the affairs of our primary live bands as well, all offers should be on the lower end of what you would consider reasonable, to put it bluntly...

If this sounds like something you would be interested in, IM/email me, and I will promptly email demos for you to further your decision. I prefer not to post the music here right now as to not allow this thread to divulge in the critiquing of the demos. If interested, rest assured this project is populated only with seasoned, semi professional musicians that USED to make a living off of touring and have had atleast one album for sale in major brick and mortar retailers.

Thanks for your time and consideration.
Lee

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

iron blast

Northern Winds
Reaction score
Not really my thing as I prefer more traditional black metal style 8 strings and low Vocals aren't my thing in black metal but cheers beers and good luck on the project. Have fun first and foremost

Reaction score
Not really my thing as I prefer more traditional black metal style 8 strings and low Vocals aren't my thing in black metal but cheers beers and good luck on the project. Have fun first and foremost

Thanks for the good luck bro. You may be surprised if you ever get around to listening to it. I'll try to keep this thread updated if enough people shoe interest.

Reaction score
for $200 you could do this yourself?

Well at the expense of sounding rude, I suppose I could do it all myself at just the expense of my what I consider my time to be worth. I have programed drums for a full length death metal album. But that isn't the point, I respect this forum's community of musicians and am reaching out for fellow musicians to collaborate with. I hope anyone that reads this would understand. Thanks.

BlueGrot

Reaction score
Second opinions are also valuable. I recommend posting some clips to show people what you have in mind.

Reaction score
Second opinions are also valuable. I recommend posting some clips to show people what you have in mind.

Sure thing bro. I'll post something up once we get a little further along on this first drum track. We are currently working with one of the SSO members thanks to this thread. The guitar parts probably won't be up for alteration from outside opinions, but I will still be glad to hear what anyone thinks about it as a whole (atleast for a demo, ha).

hl8135

Reaction score
Sounds cool. I've gotten a lot of good credits for my programming, but I've only done programming for my own stuff, though. Would be interesting to hear your stuff.