Need help about a Steve vai autograph

Oranproks4

Reaction score
So, this march 23rd i went to a steve vai guitar clinic here in israel... obviously i had my guitar with me with the hopes of getting it signed... after the show everyone stormed into the stage handing him their guitars, obviously i did too... but the way he signed it just doesnt look like his autograph... its very odd, i know its legit since i personally handed him the guitar, and he even signed it with the sharpie tied to my headstock... but in the odd chance that ill want to sell it(rg470 mij body and hardware with mik rg320dx neck)... idk if people will think its legit... care to share your thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG-20180324-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20180324-WA0000.jpeg
    349 KB · Views: 75

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
It’s not going to add value to a production line Frankenstrat. You know it’s real, but whether anyone else believes it is moot. Just enjoy it IMO.

cip 123

Reaction score
Unless it's a mint Jem it won't add anything.

Oranproks4

Reaction score
Unless it's a mint Jem it won't add anything.
True ig, though here in israel signed guitars do have extra resell value... ive seen squier strats with satriani/vai/petrucci signatures go for almost like a new MIM fender strat

mpexus

Reaction score
My thoughts on Signed Guitars:

- Was it signed for me while i attended a Show/Clinic etc? Yes? Sweet I have my guitar signed by a player I admire and I will keep it.

- Was it signed on someone else's guitar and they are trying to sell it? Yes? Hummm... does the scribble comes off? If not and since its scribbled do you lower the price?

Meaning... if it wasn't signed for me I care less about it... now this is me others might no mind.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
If I plan on playing it, I don't want it autographed. And I don't want any guitars that I am not playing.

spudmunkey

Reaction score

Demiurge

Reaction score
Chances are the memory of going to a good show and meeting someone you admire (however briefly, it seems) is worth more.

Sure, there's all kinds of signed memorabilia out there complete with certificates of authenticity et cetera that get okay money, but the fact is that stuff signed by famous people now is hardly ever rare (which is the thing that made it valuable in the first place). Steve Vai has likely signed countless guitars over time. Every bar in my state probably has a photo or jersey from a star in each sport hanging somewhere. Those Squiers on eBay that are signed by every musician who has ever lived- if they've ever gone for close to the asking price, they were sold to a sucker.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
My thoughts on Signed Guitars:

- Was it signed for me while i attended a Show/Clinic etc? Yes? Sweet I have my guitar signed by a player I admire and I will keep it.

- Was it signed on someone else's guitar and they are trying to sell it? Yes? Hummm... does the scribble comes off? If not and since its scribbled do you lower the price?

Meaning... if it wasn't signed for me I care less about it... now this is me others might no mind.

This.

I have an ltd that was signed by the dudes from queensrÿche and the first thing I did was scrub that shit off, even though I'm a fan.