Need help asap!

willy petro

willy petro
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been looking into some new gear lately. Im kinda torn between the randall rt100h and the peavey 6505. I was wondering what you guys prefer and why? I also want to get a new guitar. My agile 727 isn't worth my time anymore. And i've been looking into ibanez 7 and 8 strings. Any suggestions??? Im going for a djent kinda tone, Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
1. budget?
2. a general sound you want?
3. what's wrong with your agile...?
4. Are you gigging?
5. Do you have a good cab?
6. What's got you in the middle?

Answer that and I'll see if I can be of any help.

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
I just curious what makes your agile not worth your time anymore??? Just bored with it, or does it have issues?

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Off topic (slightly): What's the deal w/ that 727? What don't you like about it. What are you going to do with it? :D

:lol: @ everyone asking what up w/ the Agile...

JHolt6505

Reaction score
I guess i'll chime in....what could possibly be wrong with your Agile?? haha, but from my standpoint i would go with the 6505. I have one and its great, its very versatile and in my opinion can do just about anything. Some people say that it doesnt have a good clean tone but you just gotta know how to dial it in. ;) and what cab are you running?

willy petro

willy petro
Reaction score
1. budget?
2. a general sound you want?
3. what's wrong with your agile...?
4. Are you gigging?
5. Do you have a good cab?
6. What's got you in the middle?

Answer that and I'll see if I can be of any help.

Budget=1000$ there abouts
Sound= periphery, animal as leaders
Agile= raised frets, growing dislike
Gigging= very soon
Cab= will be bought after amp head i want a matching cab with head or something better
And whats got me in the middle is the sound. I tried out the randall it seemed alright it didn't really wow me so i got a bit uneasy. And the peavey seems so much warmer.

JHolt6505

Reaction score
If you have the extra cash then i would go with the EVH 5150III, its soo beast. But now im just going on about my dreams haha, and as for an Ibanez i would go with the RGA7 :)

willy petro

willy petro
Reaction score
I just curious what makes your agile not worth your time anymore??? Just bored with it, or does it have issues?

Both, I mean i like the guitar but its got raised frets the wiring is terrible, it lacks a coil tap. All fixable but for the price i just want something new. I mean agiles are good guitars mines just crap haha.

willy petro

willy petro
Reaction score
If you have the extra cash then i would go with the EVH 5150III, its soo beast. But now im just going on about my dreams haha, and as for an Ibanez i would go with the RGA7 :)

yeah a local band around here has those evhs. I never really seen em other than that, and their tone was less that satisfactory haha. But ill deffinatley look into it. And as for the ibanez i was actually looking at that one haha

JHolt6505

Reaction score
Im running my 6505 through a Mesa 4x12 and it sounds like god is coming or something haha, it has a lot of bass and low end. But if i didnt have my Mesa then i would go with either Orange or Vader. The actual 6505 cab is...ehh o.k., nothing special so i would go with something other than a peavey cab.

willy petro

willy petro
Reaction score
I guess i'll chime in....what could possibly be wrong with your Agile?? haha, but from my standpoint i would go with the 6505. I have one and its great, its very versatile and in my opinion can do just about anything. Some people say that it doesnt have a good clean tone but you just gotta know how to dial it in. ;) and what cab are you running?

And my cab is a midrange crate cab, it will work for now but im investing into an new one haha

willy petro

willy petro
Reaction score
Im running my 6505 through a Mesa 4x12 and it sounds like god is coming or something haha, it has a lot of bass and low end. But if i didnt have my Mesa then i would go with either Orange or Vader. The actual 6505 cab is...ehh o.k., nothing special so i would go with something other than a peavey cab.

Yeah i kinda expected that. Ill look into those mesa cabs. Id love to buy a duel rectifier but that a little to steep for a 16 year old buying all his own gear haha

JHolt6505

Reaction score
The EVH is the 6505's on steroids and i would assume that they dont know how to dial it in haha, but it really is a great amp.The RGA7 is really sweet, switch out the pups and your good to go.

willy petro

willy petro
Reaction score
The EVH is the 6505's on steroids and i would assume that they dont know how to dial it in haha, but it really is a great amp.The RGA7 is really sweet, switch out the pups and your good to go.

Sweet ill go check those out. And yeah i heard alot of complaints about those pickups. What would you suggest i should drop into it? Pickup wise haha

JHolt6505

Reaction score
Craigslist is the best man. Ive seen Mesa's on there for $400. So as for a cab i would check the list out before anything else.