need help finding amp for bdm/deathcore under 1000 euros

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
Endless options in that price range. Classic move is to get a used 6505, any cab you can find locally, and some kind of boost pedal or overdrive.

You could also go the modeling route and get a used HX Stomp and an FRFR speaker or poweramp and cab.

I play deathcore and my rig is an HX Stomp into a poweramp and 412 cab. Could easily be had under $1,000 if you go used and shop locally.

fetidbrutaldeathenjoyer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Endless options in that price range. Classic move is to get a used 6505, any cab you can find locally, and some kind of boost pedal or overdrive.

You could also go the modeling route and get a used HX Stomp and an FRFR speaker or poweramp and cab.

I play deathcore and my rig is an HX Stomp into a poweramp and 412 cab. Could easily be had under $1,000 if you go used and shop locally.
what size cab? i play mostly at home but i sometimes fill in shows

Shask

Reaction score
are mini head amps okay
Personally, I am not a fan of mini amps. Little amps sound small. With all of the variations of Peavey and EVH 5150s / 6505s out there, I dont really see the point in going with a mini version.

A 5153 50W is a small amp, and sounds really good for the size it is.

The 5150 Iconic also sounds really good for what it is, and those are fairly cheap. That 40w combo is really nice.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Hard to beat a used EVH 5150III 50w or the Peavey 5150/6505 or 5150II/6505+ for those sounds. I'd go for at least a 2x12 if not a 4x12, especially if you'll be playing live occasionally. You can probably snag a Harley Benton with V30's in addition to the amp and still have a little left over for a noise gate and overdrive :metal: