Need some bluegrass advice...

• Thread starter thor von clemson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thor von clemson

Reaction score
I've finally found my calling in guitar. Something I have time to learn, have time to play, can play by myself or with a backing track, and something that is just fun and relaxing to play.. good old bluegrass. I listen to it for hours while I am doing homework, and although it makes me feel like somewhat of a redneck I can't help but love it. Plus with my years of guitar experience, I have somewhat of an ability to play it. I just need to become more familiar with scales, chords, etc, etc.

I am thinking of ordering something from this website..

Bluegrass Books Online

I've checked out some of their stuff and it seems pretty cool. Would I be better off starting with a beginner's book?.. something that will work less with bluegrass SONGS and more with technique, scales, chords, etc? If so, what are some good instructional resources?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but Tony Rice's videos look really good. His brother Wyatt has a bluegrass rhythm video available that might be good as a gentle introduction.