Need some help on a choice

• Thread starter YinYangRonin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

YinYangRonin

Ronin of 7 strings
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question. And I'll explain more in a second. Should I modify my current guitar, even though it could cost more, with an OFR and D-Activator 7 pickups that isn't Floyd ready (its a fixed bridge) and might need a lot of work. Or should I sell my current 7 and invest in a Washburn WG587v that someone I know has that is selling it for $160 and then put the pickups in it?

Basically, I have a Revenger 7, from Schecter. I wanted to put a floyd rose in it, because I don't have a tremelo equipped guitar, and was hoping for one. Plus, I like the shape and feel of my 7 (save for the neck, but it was cheap when I got it and Schecter knows how to make guitars). So after I found out about the D-Activator 7's, I was going to get one for the bridge and one for the neck (unless someone can point me to a much better neck pickup that will go with it). But, I know I would have to take my guitar to a guitar shop to get it outfitted with the pickups, and then also have it carved and routed for the OFR. So I'm a bit stuck on this.

Any help would be great. Keep my original and modify, or sell and get the other guitar, and then modify (and maybe replace the floyd with an OFR, if necessary). I'm not in any way, shape, or form good with tools, so I doubt I could do any of it myself. Thanks again for looking and helping me out, in advance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
It all depends how much money you want to spend, all is possible and every option has advantages and disadvantages :agreed:

YinYangRonin

Ronin of 7 strings
Reaction score
yeah, I'm not looking to spend more than 500. If I was to go the customize-my-revenger-way it would come out to about that much. I may even consider looking for an Ibanez on ebay. Anyone else have any tips, suggestions, ideas, etc.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
i highly recommend an ebay ibby. you can get rg7620s for under 400 often enough, and then throw some pickups in it for around 100.

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
If you like the Revenger, sell it and go for a Schecter A-7 + with a floyd on the 'bay, they're usually really cheap.