Need some pickup advice, please.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Not jibing with the OEM strandberg humbucker on my Standard NX 6 Trem. The 2 lower strings sound thin, and a little out of phase, to me. The mids and highs are nice and clear but the bass response is not to my liking. I'm not shredding leads, more of a fusion/jazz/ambient/clean to light distortion player. So I'm looking to replace it. So far my research is leaning a bit toward the DiMarzio Tone Zone. My search has been limited to Seymour Duncan and DiMarzio as I'm not that familiar with humbuckers. Any suggestions? :)

Thanks!
Daf

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnysleftfoot

Reaction score
Not jibing with the OEM strandberg humbucker on my Standard NX 6 Trem. The 2 lower strings sound thin, and a little out of phase, to me. The mids and highs are nice and clear but the bass response is not to my liking. I'm not shredding leads, more of a fusion/jazz/ambient/clean to light distortion player. So I'm looking to replace it. So far my research is leaning a bit toward the DiMarzio Tone Zone. My search has been limited to Seymour Duncan and DiMarzio as I'm not that familiar with humbuckers. Any suggestions? :)

Thanks!
Daf
I’d take a look into Suhr pickups as well. The SSH or SSV might be a good fit for you.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Okay, good. Thanks! I think Suhr used to supply pickups for Strandberg. I'll definitely check those out. I've heard of Fralin - I'll check those out, too. :)

lost_horizon

Reaction score
Tone zone is everything on 11
Air Norton is everything on 10
Suhr SSH+ is everything on 9
Suhr SSV is a very nice sounding rock and clean pickup

Nice rock (no mids heaps of bass)
Duncan SH-5 and Duncan SH-1

Nice Rock (hotter)
Duncan Nazgul and Sentient

Nice Rock
Dimarzio Titan Set