Need your expertise, what mods are possible for ibanez rga8 pots etc?

Gmork

Reaction score
hi, first of all i apologize for any silly questions i might ask, im still new to mods and whats feasible and whats not etc.
btw i have an ibanez RGA8 with passive bareknuckle aftermaths in it, eq switch does nothing. thats how i bought the guitar.

-so to begin with i have a bareknuckle painkiller pu that im going to put into the bridge. so i know what pickups i want in there, thats all fine and dandy.

i already took out the eq toggle switch, but now what?!?!?.
not really sure whats possible.
- can i put in a toggle switch (OR SOMETHING) that will scoop my tone a bit (ive heard the default active scoop switch was awful, so i dont mean exactly like that but a better scoop toggle switch?
ive thought about just moving the volume knob to where the eq switch use to be (ive always hated how close the vol knobs are in ibanez') and just filling the old vol hole. thatd be pretty cool. i like the minimalistic look, but im VERY interested in finding out what my options are.

so please help me by telling me all the different mod options, and feel free to think very outside the box too!
just keep in mind i might not know what your talking about. like if you say coil tapping..... well that means nothing to me, please explain what the different mods will do for my tone.
to those who can help me discover all the cool stuff i can do THANK YOU!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.