Neko Guitars Ouroborus 7 progress pics. (Headless content)

immortalx

Reaction score
This is so fine that I thought it was a 3D rendering in the photos :eek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I already talked to him/them about doing an 8 string multiscale model for me. i just need to wait until the current badge is finished :)

Nice! That's what I was waiting for as well. Did they say if those were also going to be $755?

juwanfidle09

Reaction score
Update: Just waiting for the neck ferrules and screws to arrive. :)

..and oh, I found this! pink is manly!

10694421_872107146157068_2825010365366361721_o.jpg

juwanfidle09

Reaction score
Here's the review :)

Pros: Compared to all my guitars, it's the best in tone, playability and feel. Easy access to the high frets and fretboard is not too flat or round (which is perfect to my playing). The weight is so damn light, maybe around 5-6lbs. When unplugged it's still loud acoustically, not sure about this but i think that's because of the tight fit of the neck pocket. Hipshot hardwares is sht! Stays well in tune after hours of playing. The pickups are from a chinese company which i'm not familiar with. I believe these are SD clones, they sound nice.

Cons: There issues with the aesthetics though, a couple of off-the-line paint on the binding, slightly misaligned side dots and uneven sanding on the "headstock".

Verdict: 9/10 - For $1.5k (hardware, electronics, shipping, assembly and setup included), it's all good enough for me! I don't really care much about the minor aesthetic issues.

Attachments

• P1040431.jpg
    P1040431.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 186
  • P1040433.jpg
    P1040433.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 119

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
They do look nice but I am sorry I would never pay that much money blindly for an unknown builder. Not to mention have to assemble it myself. Maybe not for this particular headless model but for the others, there are several other well known companies with proven track records I could get. Maybe used and mint or used and wear but I must ask why should I buy your guitars? What makes them superior to my Ibanez or my Jackson?

I live fairly close to your partner in Missouri have talked to him quite a few times and while he seems like a nice guy I have asked more than once "Hey, how can I check one out"? "Where can I play one"?

He says to make a purchase? Haha no way.

If it was my company I would say come on over and jam out on one and see for yourself.

09kitty23

Reaction score
They do look nice but I am sorry I would never pay that much money blindly for an unknown builder. Not to mention have to assemble it myself. Maybe not for this particular headless model but for the others, there are several other well known companies with proven track records I could get. Maybe used and mint or used and wear but I must ask why should I buy your guitars? What makes them superior to my Ibanez or my Jackson?

I live fairly close to your partner in Missouri have talked to him quite a few times and while he seems like a nice guy I have asked more than once "Hey, how can I check one out"? "Where can I play one"?

If it was my company I would say come on over and jam out on one and see for yourself.

Do you have a picture of the said conversation? Would like to see that.

juwanfidle09

Reaction score

I know the guys from Neko pretty well and I'm sure that they won't say anything like this. Do you have a screenshot of your conversation with them?

ovlott

Reaction score
Don't mean to bump this out of no where but has anyone else tried any of these guitars lately or bought a kit? Idea of this all looks interesting.