Nerve End - Axis EP (free stream / download) (includes STEMS, DI-tracks and gp5-tab!)

Yonas

Reaction score
3341030611-1.jpg

We are a young unsigned progressive metal band from Finland. You can stream and download our newest EP Axis for free here: nerveend.com

I sing and play guitar in the band. I also recorded, produced, mixed and mastered the ep. I'll happily answer all the questions about the production. I'll also make an in-depth mixing video with detailed information about the mix a bit later. Feel free to give feedback about the production. This is my 2nd big project ever and I'd love to get some tips on how to improve.

Here stems for the 2nd song on the ep, The Squid. The rar-file includes all the instrument tracks on separate mp3-files. You can use these for mixing practice or just to listen to how the different instruments sound on their own.

PLEASE READ THE README.pdf FOR INSTRUCTIONS
Download here: http://nerveend.com/stems/Nerve End - 02 - The Squid - STEMS.rar (filesize: ~125 MB)

The rar-file includes:
- Full stems for all tracks
- DI-tracks for guitar and bass
- MIDI file for the drums
- Tempo track
- Pre-production tabs in gp5-format

DISCLAIMER: IF YOU DECIDE TO UPLOAD YOUR REMIX ANYWHERE, ALWAYS INCLUDE A LINK TO THE ORIGINAL SONG (nerveend.com). ALWAYS STATE CLEARLY IN THE FILENAME THAT IT'S A REMIX. ANY COMMERCIAL USE OF THESE FILES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NERVE END 2011

If you enjoy our music and/or the stems, I would greatly appreciate if you'd like us on Facebook. It would also help a lot if you share the link to nerveend.com. Thank you!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds badass man, I'm definitely going to play the hell out of this album as well. :yesway:

SomeGuy97

Reaction score
I was actually going to post something about your band when I found it a couple weeks ago- Glad you did it though instead of me.

They also have GP files for four (I believe) of the songs on the website- very cool that that's available too.

Zer01

Reaction score
This is great. I'm having a great time running your guitars through different impulses. I wish more people would do stuff like this. Things get a little stagnant when I only have my own stuff to play around with.

Yonas

Reaction score
This is great. I'm having a great time running your guitars through different impulses. I wish more people would do stuff like this. Things get a little stagnant when I only have my own stuff to play around with.

That's nice to hear. If you need stems for some other song, just say. I'll make them available if a get enough requests.

WolleK

Reaction score
saw the vid with the controller (btw:awesome idea)- downloaded you ep after that- since yesterday on heavy rotation

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
This is a bump for a great justice! Great music and you all should listen both of their EP's!

Yonas

Reaction score
Thanks for the "justice bump"! I'm really getting the feeling that there's tons of people who would enjoy our stuff, but getting discovered is just a really slow process. We will release our first music video really soon, hopefully that'll help a bit with getting the word out.

Yonas

Reaction score
We released a shit reel with bunch of outtakes from our recording sessions:

There's little to none of actual playing, but that stuff was already covered in our previous studio videos. This is just us goofing around, which happened a lot during recording. Looking back, I start to realise how stressful the whole recording process was.

denfilade

Reaction score
You guys are legends! I fell in love with Axis when it first came out on got-djent, and I'm thinking I might do a guitar/vocal cover of some songs from This State of War one of these days...I must say after a long while of not improving musically, you have inspired me again to pick up my guitar and write more music!

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score

crissmichaels

Insane Mix Engineer
Reaction score
Hey, I took the liberty of remastering your track as well as fixing a slight problem I found with your mix.

I felt the lead vocals needed to come up some, but some parts were louder than others, so I added some compression and some EQ to make them sit better. After remastering, this is the final result:

https://soundcloud.com/double-indemnity/nerve-end-axis

Hope you like it.

Also, I referenced you as a client. Hope you don't mind (I'm trying to direct more artists to my studio, so this might help)...