NeuralDSP Archetype Plini amp sim - My video review

alessandroarzilli

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I would like to share with you all my video review of the Archetype Plini amp simulator by Neural DSP.
At first glance it is really beautiful, I love classy white finishes and this color gives the user interface a really dreamy and intense look.
So the plugin itself is divided into 5 main sections:
1) Preamp effects (compressor + overdrive)
2) Amps (Clean + Crunch + Lead)
3) EQ (9 bands graphic)
4) Cabs (High fidelity IRs)
5) FX (Delay + Reverb)
Apart from the pre/post effects, the real deal with this plugin to me it's surely the amp section, you can really hear some great sounding presets there.
The clean ones are extremely well done and true Plini style: very transparent, punchy but yet crystal sounding. Also, though, the Crunch and the Lead amp sims are very good, I managed to play half an hour of metal riffs with them and there were no problems at all, the Lead especially has an additional triode gain stage compared to the Crunch one, so it acts like a good Triple Rectifier simulator.
I really loved the tight presets that I tried, most of them are really accurate sounding and perfect for fast palm mutes and chuggy riffs, I wan't expecting this to be that good, I guess neural DSP threw some NTS-ness inside it as well.
The IR's in the cab section are neat sounding, too. I read somewhere, can't remember the exact post on this forum, maybe someone would link it here, that they used new ML Sound Lab speaker captures so you can really create your tone from crystal sounding to the most heavy one for 7-8 strings guitars!
I used my Solar A2.6W to test it, standard tuning, I must admit that the Duncan Solar pickups can really get all the dynamics of sound I wanted, no issues with this plugin.
I hope you liked this quick review, for all the presets sounds you just can get them inside the video. I am not sponsored by Neural DSP or Plini (lol, would love to meet that guy), I'm just a metalhead who likes to review new gear and plugins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.