New Aaron Marshall Signature Schecter

• Thread starter Backsnack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RiksRiks

ERG Player Wannabe
Reaction score
My guess is that it'll be thin, but not insanely so. He recorded TSOC on a PRS 408, which has a pretty chunky Pattern neck. However, a lot of the brands he's been with since use thinner necks. He might have gotten custom necks made, but it's hard to say.
Irrelevant comment but I always imagined TSoC was recorded on an Aristides, knowing that it was actually on a PRS kinda clashed with my mental image, ngl

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitaardvark

Reaction score
Irrelevant comment but I always imagined TSoC was recorded on an Aristides, knowing that it was actually on a PRS kinda clashed with my mental image, ngl
This made me double check my original comment, and it turns out that the majority of TSoC was a regular Custom 24, then he discovered the 408 later. Check it out:

To go back to the question about necks: most C24s have pattern thin necks, and they're not really that thin. They remind me of a slightly thinner strat neck.

Also, matcha beer sounds absolutely incredible.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Wonder if he will get a Tom Bartlet Retrospec next?

HylianN

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
From his last insta post, it sounds like they will be available Monday 8/28. Hopefully we can get full specs before then!

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
From his last insta post, it sounds like they will be available Monday 8/28. Hopefully we can get full specs before then!
Basswood body, wenge neck, ebony board, USA pasadena plus bridge/pasadena neck pick up. 6 and 7 string. 7 string is hardtail. Teal and a nice slate blue are the colors available. Locking tuners as well I believe. only thing needs to be known is price and neck profile for me. I'm gonna guess somewhere around 1300 for the 6 and 1400 for the 7.

RadoncROCKs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So this is just going to drop at Sweetwater on Monday?

I have a feeling of needing to get in on the first run then they will be out of stock for a while. Last thing I need right now is another guitar...

Zado

Reaction score
I care to remember that first batches of korean guitars has often been a letdown in the past.

HylianN

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Basswood body, wenge neck, ebony board, USA pasadena plus bridge/pasadena neck pick up. 6 and 7 string. 7 string is hardtail. Teal and a nice slate blue are the colors available. Locking tuners as well I believe. only thing needs to be known is price and neck profile for me. I'm gonna guess somewhere around 1300 for the 6 and 1400 for the 7.

I totally meant to say pickups. I knew he said pasadena plus but I heard him mention in another interview they were "made for him" so I wasn't sure if he went with the Pas+ or a new PU they made for him.
I care to remember that first batches of korean guitars has often been a letdown in the past.
These aren't Korean. They're from Indo

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I was initially adamant about these being priced ~1k in the past, but yeah these are probably gonna be around $1200 - $1400 due to inflation the passed year+.

Zado

Reaction score
Exactly that.
a.jpg

Zado

Reaction score
Anyway it's "funny", the artist wanted to keep the price low, but due to the global mess it ended with 1.7k (likely 1.4-1.5k USD). I'd love to get a new metal guitar soon, but honestly I'm not seeing myself buying anything pricier than a Schecter Demon or Damien atm... it's not like I don't have the cash, I just don't think an Indo is worth more than 800 bucks.

14Fishes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
“In stock within 4-5 weeks” lol. The wait continues...

I’m looking forward to seeing the reviews for this. I seem to remember wanting one some time ago, but Schecter let me deliberate on it for too long, and have launched it just as the UK enters a cost of living crisis, so I’ll be spending that money on electricity and heating instead.

Stiman

Reaction score
Nut width of 41.3 mm, seems really narrow. Maybe a typo?

Stiman

Reaction score
Also funny that one of the pictures shows a chrome pickup cover and all other pictures are uncovered.

zjb7777

Reaction score
Nut width of 41.3 mm, seems really narrow. Maybe a typo?
Could be a typo, but I don't think so. That's the normal nut width for Schecters that come with a Floyd, so it kinda makes sense that it's about the same with for a floating trem. Musician's Friend lists it as 1.64", or 41.65mm. Not necessarily a deal breaker for me, although I have grown to like 43mm nuts.

I am a little confused though, I know he was testing USA Custom shop pickups with prototypes but the few listings I've seen don't say anything about the Solstice/Equinox set being custom shop pickups. For the price point, that's what I'd be expecting but I'll be a bit let down if they aren't.

Latest posts