New Aaron Marshall Signature Schecter

• Thread starter Backsnack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
Yeah I had two AM-7’s with this issue. Ended up returning them both and getting an Aristides 070 that had the same issue on the 4th string. I found that is was the bit of string behind the saddle that was giving sympathetic resonance. I was able to fix it by adding a bit of heat shrink at the ball end of the string. I have to wonder if that would have fixed the issue in the AM-7’s I had. It’s weird to me that some guitars have that issue and others with similar construction don’t.
My USA Trad had a dead string high E string (unfretted) and after months of disassembling I found out the culprit was one of the springs used to regulate the humbucker height. When talking guitars, springs can be a huge pain in the ass no matter how small they are. Ringing issues are most often caused by those.

Jonnysleftfoot

Reaction score
My USA Trad had a dead string high E string (unfretted) and after months of disassembling I found out the culprit was one of the springs used to regulate the humbucker height. When talking guitars, springs can be a huge pain in the ass no matter how small they are. Ringing issues are most often caused by those.
Yeah I’ve seen that too. My RGR5227’s A string rings because of the saddle screw spring. Goes away when I put my finger over it.

Zado

Reaction score
Screenshot-2024-03-20-16-20-40-600-com-instagram-android.jpg

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I dig the new colorways on these USA models, but I can't help but feel a little bummed out that the reverse headstock & wenge neck is gone (I do agree with going to that radiused flat top rather than carved tops though). That USA green though with a reverse headstock wenge neck and a natural headstock would be killer.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
To chime in on the quartersawn neck thing, theoretically the most stable neck would be a quartersawn neck shaft with a separate quartersawn fingerboard making it a 2-piece. I got that info I believe from a very esteemed builder on talkbass iirc. The only gotcha with quartersawn is it has a greater tendency to twist than flatsawn or riftsawn. I like quartersawn but only when I have full faith in the builders eyeball to have a good dry piece and a keen eye for sighting neck blanks.

RadoncROCKs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I want that but with the wenge neck and ebony fretboard. Hell I would compromise for just the ebony board.

bloodfromtheair

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

USA AM-6 coming next month, super curious to see the price on these - anticipating more like $3500 than $3000 but everything is expensive as fuck these days. Excited to hear about how these are out from people when they start getting them!