New Amp Day: 2204

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Or no load, the time pedals i own, and the cabs :cool: if i was gonna load box or whatever I would have simply not have spent thousands on actual things :lol:
Hey man, load boxes can be fun!!! I'm not just coping about my own situation! I haven't spent thousands just to get a less good version of what's in my Axe FX!

Right guys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Without a loop or loadbox, you can't really use the the time pedals properly.

I use the loadbox and then reamp back through a poweramp into a cab, so I am still using my cabs.
Uh… yeah you can? My entire touring career was time based effects into the front of my 2203 :lol:. I am not the only one who does this.

Shask

Reaction score
Uh… yeah you can? My entire touring career was time based effects into the front of my 2203 :lol:. I am not the only one who does this.
Delay and Reverb sound awful before gain. Unless you basically used the amp clean and used pedals for gain.

Estilo

Reaction score
Damn! What happened to 'digital gear and earphones only because newborn'?

Question, you're running 3 heads and 1 cab. Do you have a switcher or do you manually unplug/replug the speaker cable into each head each time?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn! What happened to 'digital gear and earphones only because newborn'?

Question, you're running 3 heads and 1 cab. Do you have a switcher or do you manually unplug/replug the speaker cable into each head each time?
Well I still dont get to turn real amps on very often. Makes for nice decoration though!

The 3 stacked is because im swapping cabs my jamspace. Jtm-45 gets the 100 cab and the plexi and jcm800 will share the other 1960A. I need to find the proper 1960a stereo wiring diagram so I can wire for 4 ohm, right now its been rewired for 16 and the 2204 does 8/4.

I will probably manually go between the plexi and 2204.

Shask

Reaction score
Oh the real amps get sold first, its no contest.
Gotta keep them both to have something to plug the Axe Fx into! :D

I have been running my FM3 into the power section of my SLO modded JCA into a 412 lately. Sounds and feels really good.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta keep them both to have something to plug the Axe Fx into! :D

I have been running my FM3 into the power section of my SLO modded JCA into a 412 lately. Sounds and feels really good.
I still dont plan to run the axe into any of those.
that looks amazing, congrats!!!!!!
Many thanks! Doing more speaker research, some math aint mathin :lol:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
So i have 1989 coded speakers, and this is the only other 1989 coded cab I have found. Emailed marshall, we’ll see what they say.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Official word from Marshall:

Official record is 83-87 for those cabs, but this may very well still be a 1989 cab as records are not the most accurate.

Im dating it as such and calling the speakers original.