New Brand of Sacrifice - "Demon King"

• Thread starter Triple7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
I love Berserk. I do not like deathcore. Berserk mixed with deathcore make me very sad.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
I have quite a few times actually. Since their release they've been reposted on the berserk subreddit pretty regularly and each time I give them a try and leave disappointed. Deathcore isn't my thing, but to each their own.

Wildebeest

Reaction score
Pretty sick. I've been meaning to reread Berserk. Thanks for sharing.

bmth4111

Reaction score
The last album was gold. Didn’t feel this single as much but I’m sure this new one will have tons of bangers.

the 3D world thing they did for their site was so cool.

They need to do a tour with Chelsea grin!!

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
This is a band where the more music they release, the more sad I get. I love death core but I'm very picky about it at the same time. Vocals need to be the stand out if the guitars aren't pumping out riffs (think self titled humanity's last breathe. Vocals aren't mind blowing but fuuuuuck me the filthy riffs). I don't ever feel Kyle is doing anything that stands out and the guitars are sort of just there to provide the song base and nothing more. Which sucks because their old band, The Afterimage, was a favorite of mine and I think that's where the sadness comes in. The Afterimage had some really impressive clean singing and they had super unique riffs and now that's just been replaced with what I feel isn't the opposite. I don't mean for this to come off as dismissive, more power to anyone who likes this band. Having more bands you love is such a dope feeling. They just don't do ANYTHING for me unfortunately.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
I don't ever feel Kyle is doing anything that stands out and the guitars are sort of just there to provide the song base and nothing more. Which sucks because their old band, The Afterimage, was a favorite of mine and I think that's where the sadness comes in. The Afterimage had some really impressive clean singing and they had super unique riffs and now that's just been replaced with what I feel isn't the opposite. I don't mean for this to come off as dismissive, more power to anyone who likes this band. [...] They just don't do ANYTHING for me unfortunately.
There's a lot of solid points and sentiments in this statement. I've (personally) moved away from listening to deathcore altogether because the subgenre has become just cookie-cutter, copy-paste, overly generic nonsense nowadays that all sounds the same. But there was a time where I thought that Brand of Sacrifice as a band were actively doing something a bit different. They perhaps are the only deathcore band I listen to in my music rotation nowadays (at least, according to Spotify) simply because God Hand was an absolutely phenomenal and memorable album. Definitely a top release for me last year. But this new single just doesn't do anything for me at all. Seems like they too have fallen into the cookie-cutter, copy-paste category.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
This is a band where the more music they release, the more sad I get. I love death core but I'm very picky about it at the same time. Vocals need to be the stand out if the guitars aren't pumping out riffs (think self titled humanity's last breathe. Vocals aren't mind blowing but fuuuuuck me the filthy riffs). I don't ever feel Kyle is doing anything that stands out and the guitars are sort of just there to provide the song base and nothing more. Which sucks because their old band, The Afterimage, was a favorite of mine and I think that's where the sadness comes in. The Afterimage had some really impressive clean singing and they had super unique riffs and now that's just been replaced with what I feel isn't the opposite. I don't mean for this to come off as dismissive, more power to anyone who likes this band. Having more bands you love is such a dope feeling. They just don't do ANYTHING for me unfortunately.

I can empathize. I'm not really a deathcore guy, I just follow these dudes. The Afterimage was one of my all time favorites and trying to piece together how to play some of their stuff really helped me improve.

Have you looked at Earthshatter? It's yet another project of theirs. It's not quite as technical as you probably expect from them, but it's a fun listen if you miss the old stuff. Only an EP out for now but it's solid.

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
I can empathize. I'm not really a deathcore guy, I just follow these dudes. The Afterimage was one of my all time favorites and trying to piece together how to play some of their stuff really helped me improve.

Have you looked at Earthshatter? It's yet another project of theirs. It's not quite as technical as you probably expect from them, but it's a fun listen if you miss the old stuff. Only an EP out for now but it's solid.
I had not my GAWD DAMN I like it so far. Thanks for the heads up