New Corey Beaulieu Sig Pickups and Duncan Blackout II?

• Thread starter myampslouder
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

myampslouder

Reaction score
So this was just posted on the Trivium facebook page. If you zoom in close you can make out most of what the poster says. What I got out of it is Corey is getting signature Blackout pickups. The usual marketing talk is there saying “increased presence, balance, and clarity” they’ll be available in 6 and 7 string versions.

Also I may be crazy but to me it looks like it says “Seymour Duncan Blackout II Active Humbuckers” but it’s very hard to make out what that last character is after the word Blackout so I could be wrong. Seymour Duncan has been extremely quiet in regards to the blackouts over the last few years so it wouldn’t surprise me if they revamped that line to try and get back some of the active pickup market share they’ve lost to fishman or people going back to EMG.

Attachments

• IMG_6635.jpeg
    IMG_6635.jpeg
    653.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6636.jpeg
    IMG_6636.jpeg
    354 KB · Views: 54

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Now if only Jackson can go back to releasing that guitar without that awful finish you'd have a solid import guitar available.
I wouldn't be surprised if these were tweaked on the DNA of Jeff's sig pickups that he doesn't seem to be using anymore.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
As one of the only few who like the regular/vanilla Blackouts, this has my interest. Hopefully, it doesn't have the quack and cocked wah "presence" of recent active pickup releases. Blackout II should have an open-coil version!

And also, I hope they release the Cazares Machete Blackouts to the public, instead of it being exclusive to his sig Ormsbys.

myampslouder

Reaction score
Seem
Now if only Jackson can go back to releasing that guitar without that awful finish you'd have a solid import guitar available.
I wouldn't be surprised if these were tweaked on the DNA of Jeff's sig pickups that he doesn't seem to be using anymore.
Seems like these have been in the works for a good while. All the way back in December 2022 there was another thread about a rig run down where Corey mentioned he was working on a signature blackout pickup set.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yeah these have been in the works for awhile. I'm guessing it'll be like the Retribution set where it's just a tweaked AHB1 set while the Loomis set is pretty much an EMG 57/66 ripoff lol

I'm curious about the branding though. I think the poster is suppose to say "Blackouts I" so I'm wondering if they do have a new Blackouts set coming or if it's just to differentiate the AHB1/AHB2/AHB3 naming?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully they're not as over-the-top as the MT Blackouts, my new guitar has regular old standard series Blackouts and I think they sound a little different than EMGs, but still absolutely zero need to change them out by any means.