New Djenty/melodic Idea rough mix

dantesdeception

Reaction score
hey guys here is my new idea, isnt really complete and is a rough mix

just want some mixing advice really before i get stuck into it :)

thanks very much

<div style="width:473px; border:solid #999999 1px; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_ExtBG.png')">
<a href='http://www.soundclick.com/DantesDeceptionUK'>
<div style="background-color:width:460px; height:45px; cursor:pointer; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_460.png');"></div></a>
<div id="lower"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="60" width="473" data="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf" />
<param name="loop" value="false" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="flashvars" value="playType=single&songid=7643491&scid=7643491&q=hi&ext=1" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="salign" value="b" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
</object></div></div>

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
i like the guitar tone a lot.

as far as the mix goes, my only suggestion is to bring up the kick, snare and most of the cymbals a bit. and for god's sake, turn down that splash!

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Very nice bro, I think everything that needs to be said has already been said, so take their advice and re-post a an updated version!

dantesdeception

Reaction score
Nice tone :yesway:

cheers man!

i like the guitar tone a lot.

as far as the mix goes, my only suggestion is to bring up the kick, snare and most of the cymbals a bit. and for god's sake, turn down that splash!

thanks man when it comes to drums i do tend to get lost :)

Sounds really nice :agreed: I like it :yesway:

thanks a lot man!

Very nice bro, I think everything that needs to be said has already been said, so take their advice and re-post a an updated version!

working on it as soon as i get back from london men!

thanks for all your advice

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
Nice going man. Very rhythmic, and heavy as well :hbang:. :yesway:

Although, I'd say that you probably shouldn't throw the "d" word around here. It's rubbing many of the members up the wrong way. :lol:

Metalman X

The Resplendent Sub-Human
Reaction score
I dig it....great song, and tone!

As for that splash....it IS a bit loud, but I kinda like how it impacts as an effect that way. I would still turn it down some, but too much so.

I'm curious....how'd you record your guitar for this?

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
thanks man when it comes to drums i do tend to get lost :)

try mixing drums separately. don't turn on the guitar/bass or any other tracks at all. just mix the different drum levels as related to each other until the kit sounds pretty good.

THEN turn on the other other tracks. instead of fitting it to the guitar volumes, try fitting the guitar volumes to the drums instead. it'll seat better and more easily that way.

and that should get you to a decent point. then you can fine tune the levels and EQ on the drums.

Harray 18

Reaction score
Niceee man, sounding much tighter.
I reckon play around with whole mix compression to get it sounding punchier, but imo ezdrummer will always make a drum part sound weak and thin so it will never sound very energetic. We need superior 2!

dantesdeception

Reaction score
I dig it....great song, and tone!

As for that splash....it IS a bit loud, but I kinda like how it impacts as an effect that way. I would still turn it down some, but too much so.

I'm curious....how'd you record your guitar for this?

just one track hard left and one hard right, used an SE4 condenser just of center of the cone and about 2 inches away from the cone

try mixing drums separately. don't turn on the guitar/bass or any other tracks at all. just mix the different drum levels as related to each other until the kit sounds pretty good.

THEN turn on the other other tracks. instead of fitting it to the guitar volumes, try fitting the guitar volumes to the drums instead. it'll seat better and more easily that way.

and that should get you to a decent point. then you can fine tune the levels and EQ on the drums.

cheers man! this is gunu help big time

Niceee man, sounding much tighter.
I reckon play around with whole mix compression to get it sounding punchier, but imo ezdrummer will always make a drum part sound weak and thin so it will never sound very energetic. We need superior 2!

yeah man! i didnt wana over-comp it so i guess i was a little hesitant with it bro. and yes, WE HAVE TO GET IT!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
there wasn't a single djent in there at all, was there? had nothing to do with djent :p

interesting stuff, but i honestly don't know how to help with the tone and mix. if i were to do something here, i would have to reset everything and mix it from the bottom up. something about it makes me unable to pick on one specific thing :p

work on it though, and try listening to pro mixes that you think sound good. listen to what they've done to everything, and try to replicate it. not for your own personaly use, of course, but just to learn how that works :)