New Drummer, New Song, New Recording! Incidents - Millenium (Instrumental)

• Thread starter ManuelB
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ManuelB

Guitar maniac
Reaction score
Gear: Axe Fx, Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BK Painkiller, Addictive Drums

Any advice for the mix? I think that it sounds a lot better than my old recordings so far. I hope that the overcompressed cymbals from my past recordings aren't that bad this time.. The solo pretty much sucks, I know... But it had to be done in 5 minutes... Sorry.

Vocals are missing. If someone wants to give it a try, please contact me :hbang:. I am always open minded for new ides :cool:

Incidents - Millenium (Instrumental) by Manuel Bartz on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Oxidation_Shed

Nightman.
Reaction score
Holy shit those guitars are certainly gated! I'd back that off a bit because it's absolutely raping your pick attack. A faster release setting might work but, if not, just lower the threshold and see if that works.

The cymbals sound a bit like they're a of a low bit rate? It's odd but I think it's just down to over compression (sorry!).

Overall though, this is a pretty good mix: other than those two issues I can't really think of anything else critical to say that really needs pointing out.

ManuelB

Guitar maniac
Reaction score
Do you mean the guitars for the whole song? Or just the intro? The intro is pretty shitty manually cutted :lol: cause of some feedback issues I had while recording.
And the cymbals... the cymbal-issue really sucks! I do not get them to sound correctly. They pretty much ever fuck up the whole drum sound. Maybe I will try steven slate drums next time... if only I had more money :squint:... Software is sooo expensive.