New ESP LTD 8's!!

• Thread starter InfinityAndThree
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
How boring! In line headstock looked way more awesome.:wallbash:

Shape and finish is like the usual stuff, nor excited by that, sry.:noplease:

InfinityAndThree

Reaction score
So do we think it's going to be a 25.5"? Right, screw that. Time to start saving again.

The only reason I was exited is because I'm in the UK, so agile isn't really an option, and I thought they might be cheap. I also thought that ESP would learn from their mistakes from the 25.5" scale though...

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
A hearty MEH to the 8 strings, but those 7 string EC models...!!! :eek: DO WANT!

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
Interseting to see these, but not impressed... And besides, I already have the predecessor of these anyway, so no need to get excited about a newer and cheaper version of what I already have. And again with the black, WTF??? :nono::rolleyes::realmad::wallbash::noplease:

I just found the thread about the new 7's... EC-407 is a MUST!!! OMFG!!!! :scratch::agreed::wub::scream:

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
I understand that it's a matter of personal preference, but since it is, I don't necessarily think that ESP has to "learn the lesson" about making something longer than 25.5" 8-strings.

I own 3, and they work for me down to E1. I'm not the only one here who prefers a shorter scale length. My two LTDs and my Agile semicustom Intrepid are great.

Really, if they were so bad and unworkable, ESP would look at the numbers and conclude they hadn't sold many units. You'd also think the FM408 and FM418 would show up more often used, and at lower prices... but they don't.

I'd take real sales numbers and scarcity as indicators of desirability over forum chatter any day. I suspect ESP would do so as well.

(is it worth asking again if those posting against 25.5" actually did the string calculations to make it work, or if they just winged it on string gauge... or, if they're even just repeating what they've heard? ...nah.)

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
I understand that it's a matter of personal preference, but since it is, I don't necessarily think that ESP has to "learn the lesson" about making something longer than 25.5" 8-strings.

I own 3, and they work for me down to E1. I'm not the only one here who prefers a shorter scale length. My two LTDs and my Agile semicustom Intrepid are great.

Really, if they were so bad and unworkable, ESP would look at the numbers and conclude they hadn't sold many units. You'd also think the FM408 and FM418 would show up more often used, and at lower prices... but they don't.

I'd take real sales numbers and scarcity as indicators of desirability over forum chatter any day. I suspect ESP would do so as well.

This! I've messed with a couple of SC-208's, and my only major gripe with them is that they have absolute shit pickups. The shorter scale didn't really bother me as much as I thought it would.

InfinityAndThree

Reaction score

(is it worth asking again if those posting against 25.5" actually did the string calculations to make it work, or if they just winged it on string gauge... or, if they're even just repeating what they've heard? ...nah.)
Fair enough. This was coming from someone who was talking out his ass a bit, because he's never played a 25.5" 8. :lol: It's just what pretty much everyone on here seems to say! I'll take it from you though. Although I do hope that it is 27" still... :fawk:

Peteus

Reaction score
God damm it I want them to make a f series 8. I mean a f series 7 would be a start :( oh well custom Ran guitar. I can then have it in green with passives :)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
God damm it I want them to make a f series 8. I mean a f series 7 would be a start :( oh well custom Ran guitar. I can then have it in green with passives :)

Spend the extra $1000 or so and get a real ESP Forest custom.

Reion

ADVENTURE TIME
Reaction score
Would it kill them to do ONE model in 27" or something?

Yeah yeah I know, 25.5 is enough blah blah, I've heard that story over 9000 times here now.
It's just that I PREFER the feel of thinner strings, but I don't like da flub, so I gravitate towards longer scales. It's just a matter of taste, and I know I'm not alone in liking ESP/LTD and preferring longer scales.

Still, it's great that they're at least making more ERG's, as the market expands/opens up, maybe there will be place for a longer scale one, like their Stephen Carpenter models. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.