New forum

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Chris, thank sooooo much for making my suggestion a reality!! I truly appreciate it. So much that I'm going to become a contributor by donating $50 tonight. Thanks again ;)

Rev.

By the way... maybe we should having a "Posting rules" type of sticky to help people post in a more efficient manner. Like how about this:

1. When posting be sure to include your state, music genre or style, and position being sought/offered. If you're a metal band looking for a singer and you're style is metal and you live in California your thread title would be similar to this:

San Francisco, CA - Metal band looking for singer

or

San Francisco, CA - Metal band (Maiden style) - seeking singer

etc. This way other musicians can get a good idea just from looking at your post title whether you're in their area and whether you're into their style of music.

2. Be sure to include these specific pieces of information in your post:

What specific area in your city do you live? Some cities are very large and traveling between the different areas may be too far to be reasonable for some.

Specifics on what you need or play. In other words... if you need a 5 string bassist be sure to say it in your post.

Your contact info! Many people forget this and never check back on their post responses. Include either an e-mail address (preferable) or phone contact number.

Links to any music of photos you have online. This is one of the most important things to include if you have them. Being able to hear music online gives a much clearer picture of the person or bands style and talent. Pictures help as some people put emphasis on image. All in all it'll save you some of your personal time.

Lastly it also helps to use the search tool within this forum to search for specific keywords.