New Friedman BE-50 Deluxe

• Thread starter InFlames235
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

InFlames235

Reaction score
Hey all! Looks like Friedman has a new amp coming out. Here's the demo via Sweetwater:

Honestly seems pretty incredible and sounds better than their BE-100 even! Price is still ridiculous at $3,500 for the head but I guess that's to be expected with Friedman...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Been waiting for this!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was just looking, thought we already had a thread on this but not seeing it. As for price, Friedman is moving a couple hundred amps a month and Sweetwater has presold all but a couple of these they've got coming so seems the price is just fine.

Ceriatone has this one covered.

I've heard the clips of the Ceriatone AH-100 and owned two versions of the Friedman BE-100, they really don't seem to :2c:

PF Chang

Reaction score
Was just looking, thought we already had a thread on this but not seeing it. As for price, Friedman is moving a couple hundred amps a month and Sweetwater has presold all but a couple of these they've got coming so seems the price is just fine.

I've heard the clips of the Ceriatone AH-100 and owned two versions of the Friedman BE-100, they really don't seem to :2c:

Were the clips from youtube?

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score

Friedman prices are tough to swallow for most people, especially bedroom players, but I have no doubt they are worth it and top quality. I’ll bring myself to do it one day, this one is actually more appealing to me than the BE-100.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Were the clips from youtube?

IIRC Facebook from the guy that got the first one

Friedman prices are tough to swallow for most people, especially bedroom players, but I have no doubt they are worth it and top quality. I’ll bring myself to do it one day, this one is actually more appealing to me than the BE-100.

Yeah they are definitely not cheap, but given he's moving product at a level he's happy with he'd be a fool to charge less :shrug: Business 101. That said used prices on them are falling to less insane levels so win-win for everyone :lol:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Honestly the clips of the Ceriatones I've heard sound buzzier and muddier than a Friedman BE. I was looking for clips of the Ceriatone Plexis and they don't sound as good

pylyo

Reaction score
My next buy, can’t wait for it to start selling in EU.
I’ve been through a lot of amps and from my experience, nothing feels so good like Friedmans do.
The dynamics and richness of the sound are addicting and the reason I keep coming back to his amps. Actually, for the last 3 or 4 years, there was always at least one of his amps at my home constantly.
Also, master volume and FX loop are the best in bussines easily. Literally no need for attenuators at all, you can play those amps at midnight and not waking up your lady in the next room, it can go to TV volume levels and still sound so freaking rich and amazing.
IMO this guy is genious.

Regarding Ceriatones.. I have a JCM800 2204 copy from them and it sounds glorious, far from fuzzy and muddy and actually pretty contrary to that, quite open, rich and thick, with that throathy JMP bark. Imho it sounds better than original and has a switch to a 25W too, which for me is a win. Master volume is good but nowhere near as Friedmans, same goes for fx loop.
Played few others too, always sounded glorious as well. It’s actually my 2nd favorite brand haha. Mainly because of what you get for that price, especially 2nd hand.

Last edited:

narad

Reaction score
Regarding the prices, for whatever reason there is really a "next best thing" attitude with Friedman. Someone says the BE 2016 is magically better than the 2015, and a dozen 2015s hit the classifieds. Now that this is out, there's a $2700 butterslax on reverb :D So if you can't swallow the prices, wait a year and buy it used.

narad

Reaction score
My next buy, can’t wait for it to start selling in EU.
I’ve been through a lot of amps and from my experience, nothing feels so good like Friedmans do.

You betray the Wizard!?

pylyo

Reaction score
You betray the Wizard!?

Haha Wizard is a different beast, I love it big time, it’s right there on top too, way more opened and raw and with the biggest thump and chug ever. The kick in the chest that thing produces is non matched, seriously. If it had a master volume of the friedman it would probably stay with me forevah..
It has way more low end than BE but that sweetness and smoothnes of Friedmans top end is what I love sooo much..

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Regarding the prices, for whatever reason there is really a "next best thing" attitude with Friedman. Someone says the BE 2016 is magically better than the 2015, and a dozen 2015s hit the classifieds. Now that this is out, there's a $2700 butterslax on reverb :D So if you can't swallow the prices, wait a year and buy it used.

The latest and greatest craze every time Friedman updates something is hilarious... especially since Dave really doesn't hype the changes.

That Butterslax is actually tempting...

InFlames235

Reaction score

Honestly I may just do that with this amp or, as I read somewhere else, the BE100 Deluxe that will be coming out after this. Don’t need 100 watts but I’ve always preferred them for the headroom on the clean channel.

Either way, I tried a BE-100 at Guitar Center a few months back and really loved it. I have a JP2C now but I think in a few more months I’ll be ditching it for this BE-50 Deluxe or BE-100 Deluxe on the used market. No rush, though, I can be patient to save $1,000+