New Gibson Collection in 13 Days?

• Thread starter Discoqueen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score
I was just doing research on Les Paul Traditionals because I think that’s going to be my next guitar (I’m not sure whether to buy new or used, though) and read that Gibson was planning on releasing some new models later in 2019. Then I went to their website and saw they have a live countdown till they release a new collection.

Does anyone know anything about this? I don’t know much about the guitar industry but this seems wierd.

Last edited:

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
All that I can say is that they are doing a good job of being both traditional and innovating a in a balanced way.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I dont know what it could be but i hope its something more metal friendly with different specs than traditional. At least give us a production model 25.5" SG......oh my f'in god they need to make a 25.5" SG!!! With 24 frets!!!

Im gassing for something that doesnt exist in the Gibson world

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I dont know what it could be but i hope its something more metal friendly with different specs than traditional. At least give us a production model 25.5" SG......oh my f'in god they need to make a 25.5" SG!!! With 24 frets!!!

People complain enough about neck dive with 22 fret 24.75" SGs.

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
People complain enough about neck dive with 22 fret 24.75" SGs.
True. But theres gotta be a way around that. Why cant there be an sg without neck dive? Maybe make the body a little bit bigger/longer to accomodate?

diagrammatiks

Reaction score

This was called a prs core Mira. And it was discontinued cuz no one bought them.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
True. But theres gotta be a way around that. Why cant there be an sg without neck dive? Maybe make the body a little bit bigger/longer to accomodate?

I've never had a problem with it on my SG, so I think the problem is overblown. That said, it's definitely something people complain about, so I imagine they'd complain even more if you lengthened the scale.

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score

There were already a production series SGs with 24 frets and 25,5 inch scale lenght.
They were called SG90 and SG-Z

Mathemagician

Reaction score
My prediction: Gibson neckthrough double cut with a slim C neck profile 25.5 and 24 frets, but an ENORMOUS block heel glued onto the back of the neck. Just because.

Actually I wouldn’t be surprised to see some movement in the epiphone line towards some more progressive features. They already had the annihilator V’s, the Matt Heafy LP, the dethklok & Halestorm explorers which have all proven to be good sellers at those price ranges (annihilator V excluded) and they weren’t “run of the mill”.

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah 24 frets and 24.75 dont mix. I sold my epiphone prophecy sg because of it. That had neckdive too.

Otherwise perfect guitar

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Gibson needs to make metalheads WORSHIP Gibson guitars....then they would absolutely have all grounds covered and in the bag

Latest posts