New guitar day! Ibanez AEG10NE Nylon String (pics)

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Just brought this guy home. I wasn't even shopping for a new guitar, just meeting up with Drew to check out some Mesa heads and grab his Nomad to drop off at the repair shop by my house.

Once I picked it up, I couldn't walk out of the store without it.

Sam Ash said:
The neck of the AEG10NE is much thinner than a traditional nylon-string guitar, making it perfect for players who find other classical necks too wide and uncomfortable. A beautifully resonant Spruce top sits on a slim Mahogany body offering vibrant tone and total playing comfort. The Ibanez AEQ-SST Shape Shifter preamp with built-in tuner combined with the Fishman Sonicore pickup give the AEG10NE a rich tone not usually available in this price range. Appointed with gold classical tuners, Abalone rosette and multi-ply body binding. Case not included.

nylon1.jpg

nylon2.jpg

nylon3.jpg

nylon4.jpg

nylon5.jpg

nylon6.jpg

nylon7.jpg

nylon9.jpg

nylon10.jpg

nylon8.jpg

The thing sounds fantastic. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice, man! I've been searching for nylon acoustic lately too. How much?

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:lol: No shit eh? It's like an "Authentic Picasso painting" with a "Powered by Adobe" watermark on it.

Michael

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's fuckin' nice, Chris. :yesway: I've been saving for a new guitar lately and I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about spending it on a nice new acoustic. If I did, it'd be one like this.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I hope I don't break a string anytime soon, because I have NO fucking idea how to change them. :lol:

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
Nice guitar. I've always wanted another nylon string after I got rid of my first one. They just have that sound, ya know.

I hope I don't break a string anytime soon, because I have NO fucking idea how to change them. :lol:

It's easier than it seems :yesway:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Man, do I want one of those Gianinni 7-string classical guitars.

Nic score, Chris. You can probably get some ball-end classical strings for that thing. I use them on mine sometimes. As for tying the ends off, it's not too hard. Lots of online tutorials out there, I'm sure.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice! I actually played one of those when I went shopping with my parents to score my mother a new Ibanez acoustic, those play nice. Congrats! :shred:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow... that's beautiful! How does it sound?

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
Don't worry about the strings. I thought that exact same thing, but B Lopez is right. It's easier than it seems.
Things looks really fucking nice though. Good Score dude. :yesway:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow... that's beautiful! How does it sound?

Absolutely amazing. By itself, the sound is a little thin because the body is so thin. Drew even mentioned when I first picked it up that it sounds better standing in front of it than when playing it, which is the case I suppose with all acoustics.

But through the pickup into my amp, it's abso-fucking-lutely GORGEOUS sounding. I know that the best way to record acoustics is to mic the soundhole, but sometimes you just want to plug the sucker in and do some jamming. I always hated how the wound strings on regular acoustics sounded great, but the unwound B/E strings sounded way too "round" and out of place through the magnetic pickup. This guy sounds completely uniform all the way up the neck, very warm and not too bright.

I love it. I'd been jonesing for a nylon for ages but never found a decent one with a cutaway and onboard pickup for less than $700-800. I can't believe this is a $300 guitar.

Satch

Contributor
Reaction score
Bring that thing by man.. I'm dying to get one.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love it. I'd been jonesing for a nylon for ages but never found a decent one with a cutaway and onboard pickup for less than $700-800. I can't believe this is a $300 guitar.

:eek: I was not expecting that to have been that cheap