New here from jemsite and ibanez.com

• Thread starter courtney2018
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

courtney2018

Contributor
Reaction score
Here is the back side of an EPI SG I did. Sorry shitty pic but you can see it a little
2746478a00c2b562d.jpg

That's cool! That's the first time I've ever seen an SG done.

Thanks, amonb.

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
Great use of color on those swirls, Courtney! Very nice. I also have an RG470 body laying around. Did you reroute the trem cavity for the bigger Edge trems?

As for my swirls, Herc Fede did my Uni, and this crazy 19 year old kid from Chicago did the other 2. Here he is with my JEM777DY, which he calls the Easter Egg Guitar. This is the one that Kevan was playing in the video.

153745d12c08218e5.jpg

The DNA that you were referring to was an RG570 that Nate Swirly Perle (that kid again!) made a body for and then swirled it up.

1537478a34339bc73.jpg

courtney2018

Contributor
Reaction score

That Easter Egg guitar looks awesome!

Yea, I routed out the trem cavity for the Edge Pro. I also recessed the cavities on the back of the body for the trem and electronics plates.

There's also another jack hole for the use of piezo pups if one wants. And the lower horn, on the back side, is rounded off quite a bit so it doesn't dig into your arm when hitting the high notes. I saw that Rusty Cooley's sig model has that feature as well.

What did that kid charge you to do those swirls? They look really good. Do you know what kind of paint he used?

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score

That Easter Egg guitar looks awesome!

Yea, I routed out the trem cavity for the Edge Pro. I also recessed the cavities on the back of the body for the trem and electronics plates.

There's also another jack hole for the use of piezo pups if one wants. And the lower horn, on the back side, is rounded off quite a bit so it doesn't dig into your arm when hitting the high notes. I saw that Rusty Cooley's sig model has that feature as well.

What did that kid charge you to do those swirls? They look really good. Do you know what kind of paint he used?

Awesome! wanna do mine? :D

Nate and I bartered things he needed for the swirl work. He acdtually had Poplar bodies on evilbay fro about $130 not clearcoated. He would probably swirl one for around that. AFAIK, he uses House of Kolor paint.

House of Kolor Home Page

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Damn Courtney you get more impressive all the time. :D

That DNA swirl = :holy:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
my birthday is 9.5.81 :yesway:

and, yeah, attendance to Jemfest is mandatory! i missed last year, but have been saving up my vacation week for whenever Kevan plans the party.

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score

I've been using Testor enamel paint. The 470 Jem conversion pics I've got I did with neon colored Testor paint. You have to order it. For some reason they don't put those colors in the store.

What would you want done? Are you talking about the recess routing of the cavities?

I'd like to convert it into an RG570 body for a normal Edge trem. The jack conversion isn't that important. Then swirlie it up! :D

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
I think Courtney now has the longest intro thread ever.
Go Courtney! :D

courtney2018

Contributor
Reaction score
I think Courtney now has the longest intro thread ever.
Go Courtney! :D

It's beginning to look that way isn't it. :D

Send it on over Popsyche. Doing the routing for the trem isn't a big deal at all. If you have the trem you want to use I'd say send that along with it so I can test fit. But that's pretty simple.

The harder part, which isn't really hard just time consuming, is doing the painting and swirling.

If you're serious though we can talk about it.

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score

It's beginning to look that way isn't it. :D

Send it on over Popsyche. Doing the routing for the trem isn't a big deal at all. If you have the trem you want to use I'd say send that along with it so I can test fit. But that's pretty simple.

The harder part, which isn't really hard just time consuming, is doing the painting and swirling.

If you're serious though we can talk about it.

Thanks! I really love your work! I am the world's worst living woodworker. Electronics? OK!

I'm in Las Vegas now, about to attack the Ellis Island Brewery for much need victuals. :pops: If I can get it out soon, maybe I could retieve it from you at Jemfest? :idea:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Be warned, Popsyche's daughter is much more interesting than the old duffer.

I suggest you become a lesbian and get in line!

Beer ftw! :lol:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
And you're an old git, so shut it. Stitch's opinion>old peoples opinion.

Goddamn, organic ale gets you drunk fast. :D

:wub:, before I forget. I actually love both of you! :D

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
:scratch: Organic Ale?? WTF??

I'll let good old Pops comment on this foul brew you call Organic Ale as he is our resident beer sewer. :pops: