New Ibanez Pentatone Preamp Pedal

• Thread starter ExMachina
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Wow, 5 bands of EQ for the mids. Haven’t listened to any demos yet but, I’m guessing this will be pretty flexible assuming the gain can smoothly go from crunch to super high gain.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm tempted to eventually just buy it to try it, but the fact no one seems to know it exists means it'll be a biiiiitch to resale if I hate it. :lol:
I wish they went all-out Mark clone and had some kinda pre-gain/early-gain EQ on top of the EQs already on the unit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

0rimus

Reaction score
I can only speak for myself. But right about when this pedal released I decided that since we're so spoiled with guitar gear, I'd only be buying preamp pedals in top jack mounted 125b enclosure configuration.

Which is crazy that I can be that picky and still have too many options to pick from. Shame too, looks right up my alley.

0rimus

Reaction score
Genuinely no offense meant, I can’t imagine not buying a pedal over jack placement :lol:

Your pedalboard is that tight my dude?
Naw, I only use preamp pedals for fun. Never once used one live or for recording. Not that I couldn't, but I go into preamp pedals just as fun flavors.

I have like 5-6 that are all top jack 125b's. Messes with my ocd.
Overall if there was something crazy good I would certainly cave and buy a preamp pedal regard less of form factor. Not that big a deal.
I decide what I buy based on bullshit whims more or less lol.

Haven't heard such yet from the Pentatone unfortunately.